Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murder House General Discussion
[Image: ZmsmdQz.jpg]

American Horror Story: Murder House (originally titled as American Horror Story) is the first season of the FX television series American Horror Story. It centers on the Harmon family: Dr. Ben Harmon, Vivien and their daughter Violet, who move from Boston to Los Angeles after Vivien has a miscarriage and Ben has an affair. They move into a restored mansion, unaware that the house is haunted by the ghosts of its former residents and their victims.
[Image: w9H9Sbv.png?1]
[Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo3-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo4-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo1-250.gif]
[Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo5-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo8-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo6-250.gif]
We have a payload to deliver to the heart of our nearest star. We are delivering that payload cause that star is dying and, if it dies, we die, everything dies. So that is our mission, there is nothing, literally nothing, more important than completing our mission. End of story.

Rewatching this tomorrow in light of the new season
[Image: ZeahVex.png]
[Image: xSoDp4m.gif][Image: vgKJue2.gif][Image: 8fOtMmr.gif]
[Image: zf410hX.gif][Image: QHneyGV.gif][Image: v5DfEro.gif]

It's pretty solid, though definitely overrated. You have some creepy bits, and you have some really good characters (Tate and Hayden especially standout). All that said, it's definitely more than a little too homage-heavy. And while some work for me (Moira is definitely shouting out Woman in 237, but I think there's enough new material there to make it work), others absolutely do not (Addie's prayer closet, lifting the Sixth Sense twist down to the musical score, lots of Rosemary's Baby shoutouts, twins from Shining, etc.)

All in all, I enjoyed it, but the show can do a lot better than this.
[Image: w9H9Sbv.png?1]
[Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo3-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo4-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo1-250.gif]
[Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo5-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo8-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo6-250.gif]
We have a payload to deliver to the heart of our nearest star. We are delivering that payload cause that star is dying and, if it dies, we die, everything dies. So that is our mission, there is nothing, literally nothing, more important than completing our mission. End of story.

(09-13-2018, 12:20 AM)Repo Wrote: It's pretty solid, though definitely overrated. You have some creepy bits, and you have some really good characters (Tate and Hayden especially standout). All that said, it's definitely more than a little too homage-heavy. And while some work for me (Moira is definitely shouting out Woman in 237, but I think there's enough new material there to make it work), others absolutely do not (Addie's prayer closet, lifting the Sixth Sense twist down to the musical score, lots of Rosemary's Baby shoutouts, twins from Shining, etc.)

All in all, I enjoyed it, but the show can do a lot better than this.

I guess it's true to it's title.
[Image: tumblr_pst0ehmhc41qdhps7o3_r1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_pst0ehmhc41qdhps7o7_r3_400.gif][Image: tumblr_pst0ehmhc41qdhps7o5_r2_400.gif][Image: tumblr_pst0ehmhc41qdhps7o1_400.gif]
We are all in strung-out shape, but stay frosty, and alert. We cannot afford to let one of those bastards in here.
I remember enjoying this, but defo not the strongest season from what I saw. But it easily has Evans best character from the first four seasons.
[Image: tumblr_n83m0sN3RQ1qeybv0o3_r1_250.gifv][Image: tumblr_n83m0sN3RQ1qeybv0o2_250.gifv][Image: tumblr_n83m0sN3RQ1qeybv0o4_r1_250.gifv]
[Image: tumblr_nf4nl9HPip1qenumho6_r1_250.gifv][Image: tumblr_o9hipl2OmL1ub5aypo7_250.gifv][Image: tumblr_o9hipl2OmL1ub5aypo8_250.gifv]

Ser Jaime Lannister. On the breast of his tunic, the lion of his House was embroidered in gold thread, roaring its defiance. they called him the Lion of Lannister to his face and whispered “Kingslayer” behind his back. Jon found it hard to look away from him. “This is what a king should look like”, he thought to himself as he passed