Frozen (2010)
[Image: Frozen_zpsa2725298.jpg]
Three skiers are stranded on a chairlift and forced to
make life-or-death choices that prove more perilous
than staying put and freezing to death
[Image: bJnaiaN.png?1]
[Image: hCyioEZ.gif][Image: 5uktvJb.gif][Image: 8fYEeHi.gif]
[Image: P202PRj.gif][Image: Umg6ZcL.gif][Image: gt9sM7d.gif]
Do you know what it`s like to be told how lucky you are to be someone`s prisoner?
I really liked this film. I owe it a rewatch.
[Image: tumblr_pn6z9hZvJ91r0jkkko2_r1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_pn6z9hZvJ91r0jkkko1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_pn6z9hZvJ91r0jkkko3_r1_400.gif]
[Image: tumblr_pn6z9hZvJ91r0jkkko5_r1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_pn6z9hZvJ91r0jkkko6_r1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_pn6z9hZvJ91r0jkkko8_r1_400.gif]

And I think its going to be a long, long time til touchdowns bring me round again to find...
Im not the man they think I am at home, oh no, Im a rocket man.
Sans Emma Bell's character (great acting, but kinda whiny/useless), I thought this was pretty stellar. Original concept, very good suspense, and I loved the two guys. Especially Shawn Ashmore
Do you know what it`s like to be told how lucky you are to be someone`s prisoner?
This was really great till the ending. I loved the cast (especially Shawn) and the atmosphere. Was very disturbing at times too, with one death in particular giveup The ending does drag it down a lot because of the lazy convenience as well as predictability.
[Image: 2OylL7h.png?1]
Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why?
They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logic.

[Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo6_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo2_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo8_250.gif]
[Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo10_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo7_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo9_r1_250.gif]

Society is binding. Right? It’s filling in the cracks with concrete. Everything’s filed or reported, logged, right?
Chips in our kids heads so they won’t get lost. Society needs to crumble. We’re all just too chicken shit to let it.
(02-11-2019, 11:54 PM)TheCheetahwings Wrote: This was really great till the ending. I loved the cast (especially Shawn) and the atmosphere. Was very disturbing at times too, with one death in particular giveup The ending does drag it down a lot because of the lazy convenience as well as predictability.

Yeah, the movie would have been infinitely better if

Show ContentSpoiler:
Didn't this come out in 2010?
LILAH MORGAN
[Image: VTU96yp.gif][Image: RBifvJa.gif][Image: M9EXx0k.gif]
[Image: M4iCszL.gif][Image: tOx8HD3.gif][Image: q2QwGnb.gif?dateline=1545710331]
It`s a survival thing. I made a lot of devil`s bargains and I stuck to them. As a result I live somewhat dangerously and quite comfortably. And my mother, who no longer recognizes me, has the best room in the clinic. I get up every morning, put on my game face and do what I have to.
Yes. Somehow the date got mixed up with Disney’s Frozen. Fixed it.
(04-12-2019, 10:47 PM)Repo Wrote: Yes. Somehow the date got mixed up with Disney’s Frozen. Fixed it.

This is one of my all-time new favorite horror films, I can't get over Parker's speech over her puppy. That still breaks my heart.
LILAH MORGAN
[Image: VTU96yp.gif][Image: RBifvJa.gif][Image: M9EXx0k.gif]
[Image: M4iCszL.gif][Image: tOx8HD3.gif][Image: q2QwGnb.gif?dateline=1545710331]
It`s a survival thing. I made a lot of devil`s bargains and I stuck to them. As a result I live somewhat dangerously and quite comfortably. And my mother, who no longer recognizes me, has the best room in the clinic. I get up every morning, put on my game face and do what I have to.
(04-12-2019, 10:47 PM)Repo Wrote: Yes. Somehow the date got mixed up with Disney’s Frozen. Fixed it.

That's the joke about this movie. It's the Frozen where the last thing you wanna hear is "let it go".

I remember really not liking the characters in this, through no fault of the actors; I liked all of their performances, but the writing just made them come off as assholes, especially with the bad first impression that they left (getting into fights, ripping off the resort for cheap lift tickets). That said, the movie as a whole was good. Once it got going, it had a great sense of suspense and put its characters through some harrowing situations, and as someone who used to go skiing a lot when I lived in New Jersey, the basic idea of the film is always one that caught my attention.
[Image: tumblr_lk94ugdWBf1qe6mn3o1_500.gif] [Image: tumblr_lfn89rxh3M1qbxq6qo1_500.gif]
[Image: tumblr_mqevaqodRr1qke7z9o3_500.gif]

----------

Latest review: Shazam! (2019)
(04-25-2019, 02:24 AM)Kevin R. Wrote:

That's the joke about this movie. It's the Frozen where the last thing you wanna hear is "let it go".

I remember really not liking the characters in this, through no fault of the actors; I liked all of their performances, but the writing just made them come off as assholes, especially with the bad first impression that they left (getting into fights, ripping off the resort for cheap lift tickets). That said, the movie as a whole was good. Once it got going, it had a great sense of suspense and put its characters through some harrowing situations, and as someone who used to go skiing a lot when I lived in New Jersey, the basic idea of the film is always one that caught my attention.

Can’t really agree on characters at all; I loved both the guys, especially Shawn Ashmore (Emma Bell... not so much, though her acting was great). I didn’t really find them particularly assholish either. I guess ripping off for tickets maybe, but most college students I know would do that given they don’t have much in the way of $$$. As for as assholisness goes, trying to save some money on a ski trip is pretty tame, especially compared to most horror victims (FD3, Scream 3, AHS Roanoke, random Friday films). I found the fights pretty believable and sympathetic given the group dynamics, and you clearly see how much they care about each other and their well being by the end. 

Do agree on everything else, though. Except I don’t actually ski.