Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
American Horror Story: Cathedral
A church run by a dysfunctional and perverse group soon finds itself the host of two weddings full of far more conflict than love. Devilish intentions and blood running down the walls brings a place of sanctuary closer towards the licks of Hell's flames every day. 

Main Cast:
Wes Bentley as Kieran de Laio
Frances Conroy as Siobhan Abernathy
Billie Lourd as Chloe Wilson
Denis O'Hare as Father Silas Maddox
Sarah Paulson as Dr. Gabrielle Gable
Evan Peters as Jacob "Jake" Hunt
Lily Rabe as Katarina "Kat" Keaton
Emma Roberts as Andrea "Andi" James
Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Adam Styx
Jennifer Jason Leigh as Dahlia de Laio

Special Guest Stars:
Angela Bassett as Det. Raven Alexei
Sharon Gless as Det. Martha
Grant
Marley Shelton as Naomi Hunt
Kathy Bates as Barbara Hampton
Patti LuPone as Dr. Ruth Gable

Recurring Cast:
Jamie Chung as Gia Maddox
Leslie Grossman as Janet Stein
Deborah Rush as Blythe Keaton
Michael Cristofer as Howard Keaton
Ruth Williamson as Diane Clark
Ashlynn Ross as Kelly Bershaw
Riley Voelkel as Vera
Clea DuVall as Casey
Chris Zylka as Tom
June Diane Raphael as Sasha Prentiss
Cast will be updated as I post more episodes.

Episodes:
5. The Deceiver
6. Morning Star
7. Something Wicked
8. Bridezillas
9. Holy Matrimony
10. By the Horns
11. Possession
12. The Devils
13. Revelation / Dahila's Choice

Dr. Gabrielle Gable (Paulson) runs her own therapy firm out of her house, and among a plethora of complex clients, she's found herself most attentive to the easily-heated yet otherwise psychopathically calculated and cold Kieran de Laio (Bentley), who attempts to soothe violent intrusive thoughts, and his listless mother, Dahlia (Leigh). Kieran is set to be married to his haughty yet deeply insecure fiancée, Katarina Keaton (Rabe). 

Dahila de Laio helps run a church, along with pastor Silas Maddox (O'Hare) and lives in its adjacent parsonage with Kieran. She is hounded by a devilish reputation, along with the disappearance of her ex-husband, Adam Styx (Huston), and constantly struggles with religious acceptance. She attempts to control Kieran and his violent behavior despite constant tensions and her own unmanageable urges.

As Kieran's diabolical impulses grow out of control, Boston detectives Raven Alexei (Bassett) and Martha Grant (Glass) find themselves far too many steps behind, while their surly assistant, Chloe (Lourd), finds herself haunted by their findings. Chloe, too, sees Dr. Gable, for her night terrors and endless bouts of loneliness, and soon finds herself irrevocably involved in the investigation.

-

Hey, y'all! Welcome to my current writing project. I'm rather new to the forum; I was on The Horror Closet briefly to share a Scream Queens episode I wrote, but I haven't had anywhere to really share my writing since. I recently got an e-mail announcing the new forum, and it seemed like a very fitting place to finally put this out somewhere.

I've been stewing on this one since last October or so (Perhaps even September; I can't recall). I know it's rather cringey to be writing an AHS season instead of something independent, but I frequently enjoy their cast and the structure to the show. Just don't expect any connections; Ryan Murphy is garbage for trying to make all the seasons be linked. No Easter eggs.

I'm going to be posting episodes as I write them; I currently have four finished (halfway through the fifth), but I've been planning the events of the season since the inception. I'll be updating the cast as characters are introduced.

I'm using my Google drive to post the episodes, since it feels the easiest without being as shady as linking to mediafire or something. If I find a better pdf host, I'll switch over eventually.

I thank anyone for their time, I hope you enjoy what I've been writing. A lot of the themes that are present in here go beyond AHS, which may make me want to take this piece and elevate it beyond the show at some point or another, but I usually shroud my writings and keep them to myself so I thought it was about time to share it somewhere. I'll likely provide some episodic commentary as I post them, along with some other details (such as soundtracks).

If you have any questions regarding the format of TV scripts, such as what all the various intricacies and technical writing means, feel free to ask and I'll answer any questions!

Enjoy!

Episode 1: The Parsonage

"Murders in Boston may puzzle local investigators, but the devilish Kieran de Laio holds no secrets between him and his out-of-bounds therapist, Dr. Gabrielle Gable."

Main Cast:
Frances Conroy as Siobhan Abernathy (Credit only)
Evan Peters as Jacob "Jake" Hunt (Credit only)
Emma Roberts as Andrea "Andi" James (Credit only)

Special Guest Stars:
Sharon Gless as Det. Martha Grant 

Recurring Cast:
Deborah Rush as Blythe Keaton

And so, it begins. We meet the residents of The Assumption of our Blessed Saint Mary's Church in Boston, Massachusetts, and I'll leave it up to you to decide who's being introduced as a hero or a villain (or anywhere in between). The first two episodes are both equally expositional; you'll notice that three main cast members aren't even present in this episode, but will show up next week.

Featured Songs:

(Recurring theme)

(Chloe's introduction)

(Kieran & Kelly in alley)

(Kieran & Dahlia in bell tower)

-

Episode 2: Debutante

"At Dr. Gable's urging, Chloe expands her social horizons. Dahlia is approached with the offer of another wedding to take place in Saint Mary's. Raven and Martha's investigations continue as another victim shows up dead."

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6iLM3k...sp=sharing

Main Cast:
Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Adam Styx (Credit only)

Special Guest Stars:

Recurring Cast:
Ruth Williamson as Diane Clark
Riley Voelkel as Vera

Yes, Emma plays another rich bitch, and yes, Frances is another eccentric old bat! Sue me.

This episode is heavily dialogue-driven; I know it (and last episode; all of them, really) runs quite long for a script, but a lot of the pacing of dialogue may be quicker than reflected in the length. Pay close attention, though-- details in conversations, especially with the waxing banter between Chloe and Andi, is very much plot-relevant even if it may not come back around into importance for a few episodes.

The entirety of act 3 takes place within a nightclub, and I've had the details for that one worked out extensively. It's quite a dark and terrifying club, frankly, so the songs selected for it are very specific.

Featured Songs:

Hall & Oates - "Rich Girl"
(Andi's introduction)

SSION - "Feelz Good (4-EVR)"
HEALTH - "FLESH WORLD (UK)"
Seven Lions - "Lucy"
Nine Inch Nails - "Sin"
(All: Club scene in act III)
-

Episode 3: Pumpkin Smashers, Part I

"As Halloween comes, no one is at rest. Saint Mary's becomes the home to some new help. Chloe continues her bond with Andi and Jacob while Kieran keeps up his terrifying appearances over Boston. Dahlia is horrified at the return of a face from her past."

Main Cast:

Frances Conroy as Siobhan Abernathy [i](Credit only)[/i]
Denis O'Hare as Father Silas Maddox [i](Credit only)[/i]

Special Guest Stars:

Recurring Cast:
Clea Duvall as Casey
Chris Zylka as Tom

In typical AHS style, there's a Halloween two-parter! Plenty of backstory to some characters in both of these episodes.

One of the main recurring themes of Cathedral, aside from faith, is parental relationships, and I hoped to make that very obvious with this episode as we see Gabrielle's mother come into play, along with Katarina's interaction with her own parents. I already showed a lot of this between Dahlia & Kieran, but I wanted to make it clear that almost all of these characters struggle with how they've been defined by those who raised them.

Featured Songs:

(Chloe, Andi & Jacob on the street)

(Adam & Dahlia ritual / Kieran attacks)

-

Episode 4: Pumpkin Smashers, Part II

"Chloe is helpless to the carnage outside as Raven gets her grill on. Dahila divulges into her history with Adam. Andi receives some shocking news."

Main Cast:

Special Guest Stars:

Recurring:
June Diane Raphael as Sasha Prentiss
Ruth Williamson as Diane
Clea DuVall as Casey

I know I very much needed to have some comic relief in the midst of the show-- it's all supposed to be very wry, especially with Chloe's morbidity, and we have plenty of it all with her, and Andi. I give almost everyone a chance to be funny to provide a modicum of relief from the heavy dialogue and Satanic insanity; Kieran gets this sardonic bite, but this episode reminded me that Siobhan may be the true comedy queen of this cast, and I really wish I could get to see Frances Conroy play her.

Featured Songs:

(Recurring theme)

(Dahlia's flashbacks)

(Dahlia & Barbara at end)
Oh wow, welcome to the forum! Smile

Anyways, loooove AHS. Cathedral is an awesome setting too. Cast is fun, and cool to see some episodes up. I'll definitely make time to read soon Smile
[Image: bJnaiaN.png?1]
[Image: hCyioEZ.gif][Image: 5uktvJb.gif][Image: 8fYEeHi.gif]
[Image: P202PRj.gif][Image: Umg6ZcL.gif][Image: gt9sM7d.gif]
Do you know what it`s like to be told how lucky you are to be someone`s prisoner?
The concept sounds promising! Will try to read episode one soon. And welcome to the forum Smile
[Image: zcS5rlI.png?1]
[Image: tumblr_ov0cubBf6t1r3ykuvo6_r1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_ov0cubBf6t1r3ykuvo5_r1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_ov0cubBf6t1r3ykuvo7_r1_400.gif]
[Image: tumblr_ov0cubBf6t1r3ykuvo1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_ov0cubBf6t1r3ykuvo2_400.gif][Image: tumblr_ov0cubBf6t1r3ykuvo4_400.gif]

[Image: pnGk9h2.png?1]
I should have episode 5 finished by next week!

I'm sorry to have dropped four episodes right off the bat; I know it can be intimidating to start reading a piece of work when there's so much to it.
(08-11-2018, 03:20 PM)Glam Wrote: I should have episode 5 finished by next week!

I'm sorry to have dropped four episodes right off the bat; I know it can be intimidating to start reading a piece of work when there's so much to it.

Tbh I think some people just take a lot of time to read scripts sometimes, though I think more people would come to read if you posted around the forum some. 
[Image: tumblr_p70rlcUfxy1sf2m2lo1_r1_400.gif]
[Image: zcS5rlI.png?1]
[Image: tumblr_ov0cubBf6t1r3ykuvo6_r1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_ov0cubBf6t1r3ykuvo5_r1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_ov0cubBf6t1r3ykuvo7_r1_400.gif]
[Image: tumblr_ov0cubBf6t1r3ykuvo1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_ov0cubBf6t1r3ykuvo2_400.gif][Image: tumblr_ov0cubBf6t1r3ykuvo4_400.gif]

[Image: pnGk9h2.png?1]