Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unfriended (2015)
Unfriended (2015)

Rated R for violent content, pervasive language, some sexuality, and drug and alcohol use - all involving teens

[Image: Unfriended_2015_teaser_poster.jpg]

Quote:While video chatting one night, six high school friends receive a Skype message from a classmate who killed herself exactly one year ago. At first they think it's a prank, but when the girl starts revealing the friends' darkest secrets, they realize they are dealing with something out of this world, something that wants them dead.

I know that I'm in the minority here when it comes to this movie, but I really enjoyed it. It's not a jump-out-of-your-seat scary movie, but I thought it did a great job with the characters, slowly peeling away their layers and revealing them to be horrible people, with the ostensible heroine being the worst of them all. Laura was also a great villain, even if we never actually see her, reminding me of a cross between Freddy Krueger and Regina George. And finally, I loved the film's absolute commitment to realistically portraying the social media and websites the characters use, which went a long way towards selling the atmosphere. Overall, it's not a perfect film, but it's one that I think gets dismissed far too easily. It pleasantly surprised me when I first saw it, and it held up well on rewatches.

Now, Friend Request and Unfriended: Dark Web, those you're free to hate all you want.

My full review is here.
This movie looks really fun, though the characters sound iffy...
[Image: zcS5rlI.png?1]
[Image: tumblr_ov0cubBf6t1r3ykuvo6_r1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_ov0cubBf6t1r3ykuvo5_r1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_ov0cubBf6t1r3ykuvo7_r1_400.gif]
[Image: tumblr_ov0cubBf6t1r3ykuvo1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_ov0cubBf6t1r3ykuvo2_400.gif][Image: tumblr_ov0cubBf6t1r3ykuvo4_400.gif]

[Image: pnGk9h2.png?1]
Honestly, I think this is okay, but it wears down the more I get away from it. There is some good atmosphere/kills, and the final girl is very interesting and well-developed. The more I think of the rest of the asshole cast, the less I like them really. They feel pretty interchangeably, and all of them get kinda grating.

I also think Laura is kind of terrible and ruins the point of the movie entirely. "Don't be an asshole bully... unless you're Laura who can be an asshole bully and comes back and kills the asshole bullies who were bad to you vs. facing actual karma for all the awful shit you did alive."

Decent overall though.
[Image: w9H9Sbv.png?1]
[Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo3-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo4-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo1-250.gif]
[Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo5-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo8-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo6-250.gif]
We have a payload to deliver to the heart of our nearest star. We are delivering that payload cause that star is dying and, if it dies, we die, everything dies. So that is our mission, there is nothing, literally nothing, more important than completing our mission. End of story.

(07-30-2018, 02:07 AM)Repo Wrote: Honestly, I think this is okay, but it wears down the more I get away from it. There is some good atmosphere/kills, and the final girl is very interesting and well-developed. The more I think of the rest of the asshole cast, the less I like them really. They feel pretty interchangeably, and all of them get kinda grating.

I also think Laura is kind of terrible and ruins the point of the movie entirely. "Don't be an asshole bully... unless you're Laura who can be an asshole bully and comes back and kills the asshole bullies who were bad to you vs. facing actual karma for all the awful shit you did alive."
This is why the second film is superior there's no stupid supernatural ghost being the killer of the bullied victims of the movie. Laura was a major bitch she got what she deserved
lol
[Image: ZeahVex.png]
[Image: xSoDp4m.gif][Image: vgKJue2.gif][Image: 8fOtMmr.gif]
[Image: zf410hX.gif][Image: QHneyGV.gif][Image: v5DfEro.gif]

(07-31-2018, 06:40 AM)MasterXPosed Wrote: lol

When you murder a movie with one word
[Image: w9H9Sbv.png?1]
[Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo3-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo4-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo1-250.gif]
[Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo5-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo8-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo6-250.gif]
We have a payload to deliver to the heart of our nearest star. We are delivering that payload cause that star is dying and, if it dies, we die, everything dies. So that is our mission, there is nothing, literally nothing, more important than completing our mission. End of story.

(07-31-2018, 06:40 AM)MasterXPosed Wrote: lol

This should be one of the reviews on the DVD.
[Image: tumblr_n83m0sN3RQ1qeybv0o3_r1_250.gifv][Image: tumblr_n83m0sN3RQ1qeybv0o2_250.gifv][Image: tumblr_n83m0sN3RQ1qeybv0o4_r1_250.gifv]
[Image: tumblr_nf4nl9HPip1qenumho6_r1_250.gifv][Image: tumblr_o9hipl2OmL1ub5aypo7_250.gifv][Image: tumblr_o9hipl2OmL1ub5aypo8_250.gifv]

Ser Jaime Lannister. On the breast of his tunic, the lion of his House was embroidered in gold thread, roaring its defiance. they called him the Lion of Lannister to his face and whispered “Kingslayer” behind his back. Jon found it hard to look away from him. “This is what a king should look like”, he thought to himself as he passed
I didn't mind this movie but I like it less the more I think about it. Ending didn't help either. But I was a fan when it came out originally so
[Image: tumblr_pst0ehmhc41qdhps7o3_r1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_pst0ehmhc41qdhps7o7_r3_400.gif][Image: tumblr_pst0ehmhc41qdhps7o5_r2_400.gif][Image: tumblr_pst0ehmhc41qdhps7o1_400.gif]
We are all in strung-out shape, but stay frosty, and alert. We cannot afford to let one of those bastards in here.
(02-11-2019, 04:08 AM)Break Up I'm Bored Wrote: I didn't mind this movie but I like it less the more I think about it. Ending didn't help either. But I was a fan when it came out originally so

This movie should've ended with
Show ContentSpoiler: