Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Mummy (1999)
[Image: KMFhC0W.png]
An English librarian called Evelyn Carnahan becomes interested in starting an archaeological dig at the ancient city of Hamunaptra. She gains the help of Rick O'Connell, after saving him from his death. What Evelyn, her brother Jonathan and Rick are unaware of is that another group of explorers are interested in the same dig. Unfortunately for everyone, this group ends up unleashing a curse which been laid on the dead High Priest Imhotep. Now 'The Mummy' is awake and it's going to take a lot more than guns to send him back to where he came from.
[Image: w9H9Sbv.png?1]
[Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo3-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo4-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo1-250.gif]
[Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo5-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo8-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo6-250.gif]
We have a payload to deliver to the heart of our nearest star. We are delivering that payload cause that star is dying and, if it dies, we die, everything dies. So that is our mission, there is nothing, literally nothing, more important than completing our mission. End of story.

Kinda cheesy, but still better than the 2017 version. Reminds me of Raiders of the Lost Ark and the Uncharted games.
[Image: tumblr_lk94ugdWBf1qe6mn3o1_500.gif] [Image: tumblr_lfn89rxh3M1qbxq6qo1_500.gif]
[Image: tumblr_mqevaqodRr1qke7z9o3_500.gif]

----------

Latest review: A Quiet Place (2018)
Rami >
[Image: tumblr_pxjaajslWV1v3wod0o1_400.gifv][Image: tumblr_pxjaajslWV1v3wod0o3_400.gifv][Image: tumblr_pxjaajslWV1v3wod0o7_r1_400.gifv]
[Image: tumblr_pxjaajslWV1v3wod0o5_400.gifv][Image: tumblr_pxjaajslWV1v3wod0o8_r1_400.gifv][Image: tumblr_pxjaajslWV1v3wod0o6_400.gifv]

All I have ARE negative thoughts.
(08-14-2018, 09:13 PM)Eggsy Wrote: Rami >

What does Rami Malek have to do with this?

But yeah. Always liked this as a kid; fun action movie, fun cast, fun setting. I won't lie, a part of me kinda misses action movies like this now that superhero ones are dominating.
[Image: w9H9Sbv.png?1]
[Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo3-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo4-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo1-250.gif]
[Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo5-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo8-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo6-250.gif]
We have a payload to deliver to the heart of our nearest star. We are delivering that payload cause that star is dying and, if it dies, we die, everything dies. So that is our mission, there is nothing, literally nothing, more important than completing our mission. End of story.

(08-14-2018, 09:14 PM)Repo Wrote:
(08-14-2018, 09:13 PM)Eggsy Wrote: Rami >

What does Rami Malek have to do with this?

But yeah. Always liked this as a kid; fun action movie, fun cast, fun setting. I won't lie, a part of me kinda misses action movies like this now that superhero ones are dominating.

I realized he was in night of the museum after I posted that
[Image: tumblr_pxjaajslWV1v3wod0o1_400.gifv][Image: tumblr_pxjaajslWV1v3wod0o3_400.gifv][Image: tumblr_pxjaajslWV1v3wod0o7_r1_400.gifv]
[Image: tumblr_pxjaajslWV1v3wod0o5_400.gifv][Image: tumblr_pxjaajslWV1v3wod0o8_r1_400.gifv][Image: tumblr_pxjaajslWV1v3wod0o6_400.gifv]

All I have ARE negative thoughts.
Popcorn Frights screened this movie this past Friday for its twentieth anniversary, and having only seen the film in bits and pieces before, I was surprised at how well it held up. Yes, the effects look awful today, to the point where they took me out of the film at times. But as a summer blockbuster, this is definitely one of the better ones, and certainly one of the best of that era. The cast was great, especially Brendan Fraser; it's weird that his career went downhill in the mid-2000s, because he would've been a perfect fit in a Marvel movie, his performance in this film basically writing the book for Chris Pratt's entire post-Parks & Rec career. The action scenes were exceptionally well-done, and the fact that I'm saying that in spite of the bad CGI just goes to demonstrate how well this movie was shot. I've lately seen a lot of people giving this film a second look and saying that it's a lot better than people used to give it credit for, and seeing it for myself, I can say that it's only partly to do with the woeful Tom Cruise version. With better effects, we'd have been talking about this film in the same breath as Men in Black long ago.

My full review is here.
[Image: tumblr_lk94ugdWBf1qe6mn3o1_500.gif] [Image: tumblr_lfn89rxh3M1qbxq6qo1_500.gif]
[Image: tumblr_mqevaqodRr1qke7z9o3_500.gif]

----------

Latest review: A Quiet Place (2018)