Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Final Destination (2009)
[Image: bkHWak0.png]

In a car race in McKinley Speedway, twenty-something Nick has a premonition of a deadly car crash with many casualties in the audience and convinces his girlfriend Lori and his friends Hunt and Janet to leave the place. They are followed by the security guard; a racist guy; a mother with her children and a mechanic, that are saved from death. When the racist guy and the mother die in mysterious and creepy incidents, Nick and Lori research and find many similar cases in Internet. They try to lure The Ripper to break the chain of deadly events and survive, but destiny does not help them.
[Image: w9H9Sbv.png?1]
[Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo3-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo4-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo1-250.gif]
[Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo5-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo8-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo6-250.gif]
We have a payload to deliver to the heart of our nearest star. We are delivering that payload cause that star is dying and, if it dies, we die, everything dies. So that is our mission, there is nothing, literally nothing, more important than completing our mission. End of story.

This was such a mess. It's almost like you can point out the quality & budget drop from 3 to 4.
[Image: tumblr_pst0ehmhc41qdhps7o3_r1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_pst0ehmhc41qdhps7o7_r3_400.gif][Image: tumblr_pst0ehmhc41qdhps7o5_r2_400.gif][Image: tumblr_pst0ehmhc41qdhps7o1_400.gif]
We are all in strung-out shape, but stay frosty, and alert. We cannot afford to let one of those bastards in here.
(09-03-2018, 07:20 AM)Eggsy Wrote: This was such a mess. It's almost like you can point out the quality & budget drop from 3 to 4.

This had the highest budgets in the series. 3 also always felt cheap to me despite having a higher budget than 2.
[Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo3-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo4-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo1-250.gif]
[Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo5-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo8-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo6-250.gif]
We have a payload to deliver to the heart of our nearest star. We are delivering that payload cause that star is dying and, if it dies, we die, everything dies. So that is our mission, there is nothing, literally nothing, more important than completing our mission. End of story.

(09-03-2018, 07:23 AM)Repo Wrote:
(09-03-2018, 07:20 AM)Eggsy Wrote: This was such a mess. It's almost like you can point out the quality & budget drop from 3 to 4.

This had the highest budgets in the series. 3 also always felt cheap to me despite having a higher budget than 2.

I would not have been able to tell with the crash & the ending.  Gun
[Image: tumblr_pst0ehmhc41qdhps7o3_r1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_pst0ehmhc41qdhps7o7_r3_400.gif][Image: tumblr_pst0ehmhc41qdhps7o5_r2_400.gif][Image: tumblr_pst0ehmhc41qdhps7o1_400.gif]
We are all in strung-out shape, but stay frosty, and alert. We cannot afford to let one of those bastards in here.
(09-03-2018, 07:25 AM)Eggsy Wrote:
(09-03-2018, 07:23 AM)Repo Wrote:

I would not have been able to tell with the crash & the ending.  Gun

Ending was reshot when they ran out of budget. The crash is why you go CGI, not practical.

Wasn't the crash ...really really bad CGI?
I don't know what I meant to say there. Likely meant to say practical and not CGI, because yes. That crash had some truly horrid CGI effects. I'd be amazed if anything was practical.

----

This is definitely weak. Though I find the badness mildly overblown. Not so much to make a case that it's good, but that it's not so bad it's impossible to enjoy in a stupid, turn your brain off, watch a dead teen movie way (though, uh, there are certainly better options). It's also pretty hilarious and awesome when screened with the drinking game (hope your tolerance is high, though, and always be careful to mind your limit. Someone puked on her pug during that game once because it wasn't and she didn't).

The pacing is mercifully rapid-fire. Having next to no screentime means you're bouncing from death to death with little room to slow down, keeping it from being boring. You do have a couple of fun side characters too (Hunt is genuinely amusing, Janet is entertaining in a so-bad-she's-good way, etc.). A couple parts are hilariously bad (Samantha's ripped-from-looney-toons sound effect for her racetrack death).

None of this translates into a remotely good movie. But it does translate into one which can be entertaining enough when in the right mindset. As far as bad franchise installments go, this is lightyears ahead of most others (IE: Friday 1, H5/H6/H:Res/RZH, ANOES Remake, TC3D, etc.)