Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Child's Play (2019)
Lars Klevberg, the director of the upcoming Polaroid, has been tapped to direct the Child's Play reboot for MGM, using a script written by Kung Fury's Tyler Burton Smith. IT producers David Katzenberg and Seth Grahame-Smith are attached to produce, and Aaron Schmidt will executive produce. While no official plot details for the Child's Play reboot have been revealed, reports have mentioned that this will be a contemporary story "involving a group of kids (a la Stranger Things), and a technologically-advanced doll that enters their world."

I'm sure it'll be okay. MGM exists purely to release remakes of all their prior hits, and the very first Child's Play just happens to be one of those films.
I honestly have zero interest in this. Cult of Chucky was awesome, I'm way more interested in the show follow-up to that. I hear this is going more serious too, which prooobably isn't the best idea when CP's best movies are fairly comedic at points (2, Bride, Cult)
[Image: bJnaiaN.png?1]
[Image: hCyioEZ.gif][Image: 5uktvJb.gif][Image: 8fYEeHi.gif]
[Image: P202PRj.gif][Image: Umg6ZcL.gif][Image: gt9sM7d.gif]
Do you know what it`s like to be told how lucky you are to be someone`s prisoner?
(08-17-2018, 03:24 AM)Repo Wrote: I honestly have zero interest in this. Cult of Chucky was awesome, I'm way more interested in the show follow-up to that. I hear this is going more serious too, which prooobably isn't the best idea when CP's best movies are fairly comedic at points (2, Bride, Cult)

I hope Kyle will be the lead in the tv series. this remake looks like a disaster area even worse than Rob Zombie's remake of Halloween 1 & 2. At least those didn't have Liv Tyler in the remakes like Liv Tyler will be in Child's Play remake. Liv Tyler is worse than Scout-Taylor Compton.
LILAH MORGAN
[Image: VTU96yp.gif][Image: RBifvJa.gif][Image: M9EXx0k.gif]
[Image: M4iCszL.gif][Image: tOx8HD3.gif][Image: q2QwGnb.gif?dateline=1545710331]
It`s a survival thing. I made a lot of devil`s bargains and I stuck to them. As a result I live somewhat dangerously and quite comfortably. And my mother, who no longer recognizes me, has the best room in the clinic. I get up every morning, put on my game face and do what I have to.
I wouldn't immediately trash the prospects of this being good. No one has seen any of Lars Klevberg's work considering its all caught up in Dimension, we do not what know what he is capable of. The producers seem fitting and Liv Tyler is an actress who has been capable of giving good performances

I think it's just fascinating at how this is a reboot of a slasher film, but does not seem to be taking the standard slasher route so far. Based off the bare bones plot that has been revealed and the foreign director whose feature film debut was based off a sort they made, its reminding me of Annabelle: Creation.
I've actually never seen Liv give a performance I'd even call decent, let alone good. I thought she was brutally bad in The Strangers, and I didn't think much of her in LOTR either. Forgot she was in this, so that's another blackmark to it for me (on top of being a remake when I'm more interested in a sequel and going dark + serious vs. comedic). Just don't see much point to this. Maybe it'll surprise me, but.

And I thought new plot was out, which makes it hard to know if it's going the slasher route or not?
Do you know what it`s like to be told how lucky you are to be someone`s prisoner?
It's just the bare details that are available so far that make me interested on how what kind of "evil doll" movie it is. Group of children who encounter an evil robotic doll as opposed to doll possessed by the spirit of a serial killer is a bit of a leap and could go in a very different direction.

I think this is tackling the fears of the current generation of children and their reliance and relationship to technology, which could be something interesting. Maybe it will be a slasher but not in the way I am expecting. Perhaps the doll doesn't necessarily kill, but corrupt the children to kill for it. Who knows. All in all I am open to it, although I definitely think competing with Don Mancini's currentily running franchise is a dick move.
Fair points there. And you actually do bring forward some interesting takes (I kind of like the idea of the doll corrupting the children or something). This movie seems more like it's being made for quick cash than because anyone had a great idea for it, but I said that about the Suspiria remake and absolutely had to swallow my words on that one. It looks awesome.
I am semi interested, I'll at least see if it goes to theater.
[Image: tumblr_pst0ehmhc41qdhps7o3_r1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_pst0ehmhc41qdhps7o7_r3_400.gif][Image: tumblr_pst0ehmhc41qdhps7o5_r2_400.gif][Image: tumblr_pst0ehmhc41qdhps7o1_400.gif]
We are all in strung-out shape, but stay frosty, and alert. We cannot afford to let one of those bastards in here.
I thought they were still making new installments in the Child's Play series, so the remake announcement here is actually a bit more surprising than it normally is. The fact that it's supposed to be "serious" doesn't give me a lot of hope; we all saw how well that worked out for Leprechaun.
[Image: tumblr_lk94ugdWBf1qe6mn3o1_500.gif] [Image: tumblr_lfn89rxh3M1qbxq6qo1_500.gif]
[Image: tumblr_mqevaqodRr1qke7z9o3_500.gif]

----------

Latest review: Childs Play (2019)
So we're gonna have two Child's Plays continuites/universe's going on at once? @the reboot and the sequel T.V. show
[Image: tumblr_ns3pgv1Xx21rln3sqo2_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_ns3pgv1Xx21rln3sqo7_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_ns3pgv1Xx21rln3sqo8_r1_250.gif]

Held by memories, in this moment, I turn into a coward
and choose a life in which I can`t even feel pain!
Held by memories, in this moment, I can`t go forward!
I can`t allow myself a life of wandering after something...

[Image: tumblr_ns3pgv1Xx21rln3sqo3_r2_250.gif][Image: tumblr_ns3pgv1Xx21rln3sqo5_r3_250.gif][Image: tumblr_ns3pgv1Xx21rln3sqo6_r1_250.gif]