Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boogeyman Pop (2018)
Boogeyman Pop (2018)

Not rated

[Image: BoogeymanPopPoster.jpg]

Quote:A bat-wielding, masked killer in a rusted-out black Cadillac weaves in and out of three interlocking stories awash in sex, drugs, punk rock, black magic, and broken homes.

Having seen this at Popcorn Frights, this was a rather uneven anthology, with the first story not really working that well until the other two fleshed out what happened in it, but the overall energy of the film was undeniable. It's a very grungy film rooted in affection for classic rock and troublemakers from the wrong side of the tracks, feeling almost as if Rob Zombie made an anthology film, albeit without overdoing it on the grindhouse aesthetic. It's a film that got better as it went on and was a lot more cohesive in terms of mood than storytelling, and overall, I liked it (or at least two-thirds of it) a whole lot.

My reviews of all the films I saw that night at the festival are here.
[Image: Smoking_marijuana-128.png]Marty Mikalski[Image: marijuana_pharmacy_drugs_cannabis_weed_h...na-128.png]

[Image: source.gif][Image: LT5I.gif] [Image: KEoo.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

Statistical fact: cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees farther than they, and bind them with ancient logics.

Have you gone grey?

----------

Latest review: Overlord (2018)
Can't tell if the guy in the poster is suppose to be wearing a wig or mask.... or neither Confused
[Image: tumblr_pgrfgzqDeE1qm3yaoo9_400.gif][Image: tumblr_pgrfgzqDeE1qm3yaoo2_400.gif][Image: tumblr_pgrfgzqDeE1qm3yaoo10_400.gif]

When I was scared, I would imagine myself building a big wall all around me,
 made of the strongest bricks in the whole world.
And when I got scared, I would imagine myself putting another one on,
 one after the other, until that wall was so thick and so strong
 I knew I’d be safe in there forever.

[Image: tumblr_pgrfgzqDeE1qm3yaoo8_400.gif][Image: tumblr_pgrfgzqDeE1qm3yaoo6_400.gif][Image: tumblr_pgrfgzqDeE1qm3yaoo4_400.gif]
It's a pitch-black, Michael Myers-style mask, from what I remember. Then again, the guy's also a supernatural being.
[Image: Smoking_marijuana-128.png]Marty Mikalski[Image: marijuana_pharmacy_drugs_cannabis_weed_h...na-128.png]

[Image: source.gif][Image: LT5I.gif] [Image: KEoo.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

Statistical fact: cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees farther than they, and bind them with ancient logics.

Have you gone grey?

----------

Latest review: Overlord (2018)
The title is certainly unique
[Image: cMOBKOg.png]

Tell me something boy.  Aren`t you tired trying to fill that void? Or do you need more? Ain`t it hard keeping it so harcore? 
I`m falling... In all the good times I find myself longing for change... And in the bad times I fear myself.
[Image: tumblr_pfqaf8DbXA1vrokeeo8_400.gif][Image: fLWkBYs.gif][Image: 6nDCFVL.gif]
[Image: rHMuXKc.gif][Image: 7lLbJPD.gif][Image: ldx12C9.gif]
I`m off the deep end, watch as I dive in. I`ll never meet the ground. Crash through the surface
where they can`t hurt us... We`re far from the Shallow now!