Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deadly Still (2018)
Deadly Still (Foto na pamyat) (2018)

Not rated

[Image: MV5BYmUyNGMyZDQtNTZiZS00NTA0LThiZmQtMzYz...@._V1_.jpg]

Quote:A group of friends get involved in a deer-vehicle collision in rural Russia. In search of help they come across a cabin, where they find a photo depicting their accident.

Oh, sure, this movie is basically a retread of the old Goosebumps book Say Cheese and Die!, or that movie Polaroid that was supposed to come out last year before Harvey Weinstein stuck his dick in all the Weinstein Company's release plans. But you know what? Watching this film at the Popcorn Frights Film Festival, I had a friggin' blast! The acting is incredibly hokey (especially the one actress who can't let out a convincing scream to save her life), and the plot isn't that original, but the kills were good, the twist was great fun (and answered the logical question surrounding the evil camera -- it can't harm anybody if nobody touches it), it had almost a winking self-awareness to it that livened up the proceedings, and the real villain, upon being revealed, was wonderfully campy. This is the sort of cheesy teen horror movie I live for.

My review of this film, along with the other films I saw that night at the festival, is here.
I never realized how terrifying owning a camera can be. If Goosebumps and Tecmo have taught me anything, it's to stay far away from photography classes and antique camera's.

This sounds like it could be a fun mess, tbh.
[Image: tumblr_pgrfgzqDeE1qm3yaoo9_400.gif][Image: tumblr_pgrfgzqDeE1qm3yaoo2_400.gif][Image: tumblr_pgrfgzqDeE1qm3yaoo10_400.gif]

When I was scared, I would imagine myself building a big wall all around me,
 made of the strongest bricks in the whole world.
And when I got scared, I would imagine myself putting another one on,
 one after the other, until that wall was so thick and so strong
 I knew I’d be safe in there forever.

[Image: tumblr_pgrfgzqDeE1qm3yaoo8_400.gif][Image: tumblr_pgrfgzqDeE1qm3yaoo6_400.gif][Image: tumblr_pgrfgzqDeE1qm3yaoo4_400.gif]
(08-25-2018, 05:52 PM)TyeSays Wrote: I never realized how terrifying owning a camera can be. If Goosebumps and Tecmo have taught me anything, it's to stay far away from photography classes and antique camera's.

This sounds like it could be a fun mess, tbh.

Oh, it was, with extra emphasis on the "fun". This movie was pretty fun to start with, but once the twist comes into play, it immediately becomes ten times more entertaining.

And now we all have cameras in our pockets...
(08-25-2018, 05:12 AM)Kevin R. Wrote: Oh, sure, this movie is basically a retread of the old Goosebumps book Say Cheese and Die!, or that movie Polaroid that was supposed to come out last year

Or Final Destination 3, which also ripped off Goosebumps for its one "original" idea.

If nothing else, this sounds like it's probably entertaining enough to be watchable.
[Image: 1l2xAbI.png?2]
You don`t trust me. You don`t think a man can change?
[Image: NOLFt6k.gif?1][Image: sjtAraL.gif?1][Image: LIfUrJ5.gif?1]
[Image: GVxVkcA.gif?1][Image: RIFvTv6.gif][Image: DcS6mJE.gif?1]
The world`s a cesspool, filled with selfish and greedy beasts. We live. We die.

Goosebumps, ha never ending impact.
He opens his mouth but the words wont come out
Hes choking, how?! Everybodys joking now
The clocks run out.. times up.. over-BALOW!

[Image: tumblr_o5fhronfb81r2me74o1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_o5fhronfb81r2me74o5_250.gif][Image: tumblr_o5fhronfb81r2me74o3_250.gif]
[Image: tumblr_o5fhronfb81r2me74o2_250.gif][Image: tumblr_o5fhronfb81r2me74o6_250.gif][Image: tumblr_o5fhronfb81r2me74o4_250.gif]

Snap back to reality, OPE, there goes gravity, OPE
There goes Rabbit, he choked, hes so mad but he wont
Give up that easy, no, he wont have it, he knows..
His whole back to these ropes, it dont matter, he dope