• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dead by Daylight (2016)
Dead by Daylight (2016)

Available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC
Rated M for Mature - Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Language
Price: $20

[Image: Dead_by_Daylight_Steam_header.jpg]

Quote:Death Is Not an Escape.

Dead by Daylight is a multiplayer (4vs1) horror game where one player takes on the role of the savage Killer, and the other four players play as Survivors, trying to escape the Killer and avoid being caught, tortured, and killed.

Survivors play in third-person and have the advantage of better situational awareness. The Killer plays in first-person and is more focused on their prey.

The Survivors' goal in each encounter is to escape the Killing Ground without getting caught by the Killer - something that sounds easier than it is, especially when the environment changes every time you play.

So, as of this writing, this game is free on PlayStation Plus until September 4. I originally got it last year when it was on sale on Steam, and I liked it, though it wasn't something I was really into. Apparently, though, they've released a patch in June (I last played back in March) that changed up the progression system, and between that, the PS Plus deal, and the fact that Friday the 13th: The Game got killed off by Victor Miller and Sean Cunningham's legal battle, it's gotten something of a second wind recently. I know Repo plays it somewhat regularly; I even played alongside him once. I've heard it described as "Friday the 13th: The Game if it were made by Rob Zombie or Eli Roth", at least in terms of the extremely gritty tone and kills, and I'd wager that that's a fair comparison. Given that, right now, it's basically the only multiplayer slasher game on the market, I'd definitely recommend picking it up with the free deal going.

Oh, and if the character description is anything to go by, the most recently-added survivor is basically Taylor Swift.
[Image: tumblr_lk94ugdWBf1qe6mn3o1_500.gif] [Image: tumblr_lfn89rxh3M1qbxq6qo1_500.gif]
[Image: tumblr_mqevaqodRr1qke7z9o3_500.gif]

----------

Latest review: Captain Marvel (2019)
(08-28-2018, 06:34 AM)Kevin R. Wrote: Oh, and if the character description is anything to go by, the most recently-added survivor is basically Taylor Swift.

She most definitely is. I've already informed Ken.  sistrens

Anyways, yeah. This is hardly a brilliant masterpiece and it has it's issues (the playerbase more than anything...), but overall it's more fun than not. It's got some genuinely creepy atmosphere and I've had some BRUTALLY suspenseful stealth-moments in this game before. I basically recreated Gale's Scream 2 chase at one point. That was intense.
[Image: 1l2xAbI.png?2]
You don`t trust me. You don`t think a man can change?
[Image: NOLFt6k.gif?1][Image: sjtAraL.gif?1][Image: LIfUrJ5.gif?1]
[Image: GVxVkcA.gif?1][Image: RIFvTv6.gif][Image: DcS6mJE.gif?1]
The world`s a cesspool, filled with selfish and greedy beasts. We live. We die.

I got this as a free PS Plus game on the PS4, hopefully gonna give it a try soon since it seems really fun with the right group.
[Image: tumblr_pnwh0iUwpn1rtvheio2_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_pnwh0iUwpn1rtvheio1_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_pnwh0iUwpn1rtvheio9_r2_250.gif]
[Image: tumblr_pnwh0iUwpn1rtvheio8_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_pnwh0iUwpn1rtvheio5_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_pnwh0iUwpn1rtvheio7_r1_250.gif]

M I D S O M M A R