Poll: Better camp slasher?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Sleepaway Camp
100.00%
2 100.00%
Friday the 13th
0%
0 0%
Total 2 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Better slasher? Friday the 13th or Sleepaway Camp
Both slasher movies take place in a camp setting, but which debut film did it better?

The very first "Sleepaway Camp"
or
The very first "Friday the 13th"
Also which has the better deaths and body count?
LILAH MORGAN
[Image: VTU96yp.gif][Image: RBifvJa.gif][Image: M9EXx0k.gif]
[Image: M4iCszL.gif][Image: tOx8HD3.gif][Image: q2QwGnb.gif?dateline=1545710331]
It`s a survival thing. I made a lot of devil`s bargains and I stuck to them. As a result I live somewhat dangerously and quite comfortably. And my mother, who no longer recognizes me, has the best room in the clinic. I get up every morning, put on my game face and do what I have to.
Not crazy on either one, actually. Will have to think on this.
[Image: 1l2xAbI.png?2]
You don`t trust me. You don`t think a man can change?
[Image: NOLFt6k.gif?1][Image: sjtAraL.gif?1][Image: LIfUrJ5.gif?1]
[Image: GVxVkcA.gif?1][Image: RIFvTv6.gif][Image: DcS6mJE.gif?1]
The world`s a cesspool, filled with selfish and greedy beasts. We live. We die.

Sleepaway Camp had a better thought out twist, great memorable kills (Friday has Jack, but Sleepaway Camp has the bee hives, curling iron, & ending kill), Friday probably wins on atmosphere, but SA has homoerotic shots that propel it tbh.
He opens his mouth but the words wont come out
Hes choking, how?! Everybodys joking now
The clocks run out.. times up.. over-BALOW!

[Image: tumblr_o5fhronfb81r2me74o1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_o5fhronfb81r2me74o5_250.gif][Image: tumblr_o5fhronfb81r2me74o3_250.gif]
[Image: tumblr_o5fhronfb81r2me74o2_250.gif][Image: tumblr_o5fhronfb81r2me74o6_250.gif][Image: tumblr_o5fhronfb81r2me74o4_250.gif]

Snap back to reality, OPE, there goes gravity, OPE
There goes Rabbit, he choked, hes so mad but he wont
Give up that easy, no, he wont have it, he knows..
His whole back to these ropes, it dont matter, he dope
(09-13-2018, 12:47 AM)Eggsy Wrote: Sleepaway Camp had a better thought out twist
Literally any movie ever made had a better thought out twist than Friday the 13th.

I'm debating on characters. Fridays are mostly vague non-entities. A lot of the SC ones are actively loathesome and annoying (though I kinda love Meg and Judy for being such deranged, sociopathic, evil bitches). Part of it to is at the end of the day, despite there being more about SC1 that I like than Friday 1, I think I'd still rather rewatch the latter for some reason. No idea why.

(09-13-2018, 12:52 AM)Repo Wrote:
(09-13-2018, 12:47 AM)Eggsy Wrote: Sleepaway Camp had a better thought out twist
Literally any movie ever made had a better thought out twist than Friday the 13th.

I'm debating on characters. Fridays are mostly vague non-entities. A lot of the SC ones are actively loathesome and annoying (though I kinda love Meg and Judy for being such deranged, sociopathic, evil bitches). Part of it to is at the end of the day, despite there being more about SC1 that I like than Friday 1, I think I'd still rather rewatch the latter for some reason. No idea why.

I think I'd prefer to watch SC (altho I've defo seen F13 more) due to its campy nature, genuine creepy twist, & some good kills. Don't recall characters but I'll take passionate hate over a character than thinking they're all more or else the same.
He opens his mouth but the words wont come out
Hes choking, how?! Everybodys joking now
The clocks run out.. times up.. over-BALOW!

[Image: tumblr_o5fhronfb81r2me74o1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_o5fhronfb81r2me74o5_250.gif][Image: tumblr_o5fhronfb81r2me74o3_250.gif]
[Image: tumblr_o5fhronfb81r2me74o2_250.gif][Image: tumblr_o5fhronfb81r2me74o6_250.gif][Image: tumblr_o5fhronfb81r2me74o4_250.gif]

Snap back to reality, OPE, there goes gravity, OPE
There goes Rabbit, he choked, hes so mad but he wont
Give up that easy, no, he wont have it, he knows..
His whole back to these ropes, it dont matter, he dope
SC1 actually isn't that campy for the most part. It takes itself pretty seriously; that's one of my problems.

If I want to passionately hate a cast for being annoying and obnoxious, I'll sit through Halloween 5 and Rob Zombie's Halloween. I'll take bland non-entities. Judy and Meg are the only reason I'm iffy. They actually managed to be quite entertaining from memory.

The first Sleepaway I feel has two stand our characters (Meg and Judy), a bit more inventive with its kills, and OBVIOUSLY the better twist. But I feel like Friday is still a bit more overall rewatchable for me, but a lot of it could be hanging on nostalgia.
[Image: tumblr_p80q63N5Si1qcxtm5o7_400.gif][Image: tumblr_p80q63N5Si1qcxtm5o4_400.gif][Image: tumblr_p80q63N5Si1qcxtm5o8_400.gif]
[Image: tumblr_p80q63N5Si1qcxtm5o6_400.gif][Image: tumblr_p80q63N5Si1qcxtm5o5_400.gif][Image: tumblr_p80q63N5Si1qcxtm5o1_400.gif]

Somewhere there’s a place where I find who I’m gonna be, a somewhere that’s just waiting to be found.

Sleepaway Camp, I feel, is just a plain better film. More interesting characters, a better thought-out twist, and overall, just a better movie. Friday the 13th's main legacy came more through the franchise as a whole than anything.