Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Death Day 2U (2019)
So, I liked this about as much as I did the first. Both are good, but not great, movies that I found myself liking more as I thought about them, but they're different enough that this didn't feel like a rehash; while the first was a horror-comedy slasher, here the horror elements felt almost perfunctory in favor of being a sci-fi comedy. On that front, it did quite well, especially since the horror segments (save for the Babyface mask) were once again the weakest part of the film IMO. Jessica Rothe was amazing, again, and easily carried this film even at its lower points. Overall, I recommend it about as much as the first and on much the same level, as a welcome surprise and a fun little treat for fans of both horror or the sort of comedies this is inspired by (I've heard comparisons to both Real Genius and the Bill & Ted films).

My full review is here.
I saw this and really loved it. Definitely prefer it to the first even tho it's less horror-ish. It's wild af, as a great cast of characters & is silly fun. Tree was well developed, also really adored Danielle and Ryan was great too.
[Image: 2OylL7h.png?1]
Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why?
They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logic.

[Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo6_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo2_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo8_250.gif]
[Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo10_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo7_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo9_r1_250.gif]

Society is binding. Right? It’s filling in the cracks with concrete. Everything’s filed or reported, logged, right?
Chips in our kids heads so they won’t get lost. Society needs to crumble. We’re all just too chicken shit to let it.
(02-23-2019, 06:39 AM)TheCheetahwings Wrote: I saw this and really loved it. Definitely prefer it to the first even tho it's less horror-ish. It's wild af, as a great cast of characters & is silly fun. Tree was well developed, also really adored Danielle and Ryan was great too.

The blind scene is legit the funniest part EVER. ahh
[Image: tumblr_p2j5kkMVyd1wchvx4o3_250.gif][Image: tumblr_p2j5kkMVyd1wchvx4o4_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_p2j5kkMVyd1wchvx4o5_r3_250.gif]
[Image: tumblr_p2j5kkMVyd1wchvx4o2_250.gif][Image: tumblr_p2j5kkMVyd1wchvx4o7_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_p2j5kkMVyd1wchvx4o1_r1_250.gif]

I have something to say! I am not going to wait for Wadsworth to unmask me.
I work for the State Department and I am a homosexual!