Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you could turn a season of AHS into a full length horror movie, which season?
If you had the opprotunity to turn a season of AHS into a full length theatrical horror movie, which season and why? 

for me it would be Asylum.
LILAH MORGAN
[Image: VTU96yp.gif][Image: RBifvJa.gif][Image: M9EXx0k.gif]
[Image: M4iCszL.gif][Image: tOx8HD3.gif][Image: q2QwGnb.gif?dateline=1545710331]
It`s a survival thing. I made a lot of devil`s bargains and I stuck to them. As a result I live somewhat dangerously and quite comfortably. And my mother, who no longer recognizes me, has the best room in the clinic. I get up every morning, put on my game face and do what I have to.
None. I don’t think you could do any AHS season actual justice by reducing it to a two hour movie. I think you’d pretty much ensure they all suck. Cramming 10-12 hours of content into 2 hours is a bad idea
[Image: 1l2xAbI.png?2]
You don`t trust me. You don`t think a man can change?
[Image: NOLFt6k.gif?1][Image: sjtAraL.gif?1][Image: LIfUrJ5.gif?1]
[Image: GVxVkcA.gif?1][Image: RIFvTv6.gif][Image: DcS6mJE.gif?1]
The world`s a cesspool, filled with selfish and greedy beasts. We live. We die.

(10-18-2018, 02:25 PM)Dean Winchester Wrote: None. I don’t think you could do any AHS season actual justice by reducing it to a two hour movie. I think you’d pretty much ensure they all suck. Cramming 10-12 hours of content into 2 hours is a bad idea
Agreed. There's a reason why the best TV adaptations are those that are basically extended episodes of the show, freed from the necessities of staying within a half-hour or hour-long runtime without running afoul of Standards & Practices. Adapting a TV show is like trying to adapt a very long novel: you have to decide what to cut from the adaptation while still getting the spirit of the work through.

That said, I honestly think Ryan Murphy might be better cut out for working in film than TV, given how his shows have a reputation for being good for the first season only to go off the rails later.
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c4224df6a5333414d3021a3]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

----------

Latest review: Encino Man (1992)
Conceptually I think Coven would fit as a movie more than any of them, so I will say that. I think it would lose a lot by being made into a movie but you could also end it better.
[Image: ijRL86a.png?1]
Is there anything better than a natural disaster? 
The panic, the people lost in the streets. It`s like picking fruit off the vine. 

[Image: tumblr_mxnb1sKy7V1qj13q4o1_250.gif][Image: omlbM48.gif][Image: tumblr_p5pdtueuiI1qjvx7uo7_250.gif]
[Image: tumblr_mv30eflOD41qj13q4o2_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_mv30eflOD41qj13q4o1_r2_250.gif][Image: tumblr_mv30eflOD41qj13q4o4_r1_250.gif]
(10-19-2018, 12:04 PM)Ally Wrote: Conceptually I think Coven would fit as a movie more than any of them, so I will say that. I think it would lose a lot by being made into a movie but you could also end it better.

Roanoke is the one that’d need the least trimming. Haunted House into slasher movie could be done in 2-2.5 hours, and that season had a fuck of a lot of filler you could gut out
[Image: 1l2xAbI.png?2]
You don`t trust me. You don`t think a man can change?
[Image: NOLFt6k.gif?1][Image: sjtAraL.gif?1][Image: LIfUrJ5.gif?1]
[Image: GVxVkcA.gif?1][Image: RIFvTv6.gif][Image: DcS6mJE.gif?1]
The world`s a cesspool, filled with selfish and greedy beasts. We live. We die.

Hotel would be fun as a movie
[Image: ZeahVex.png]
[Image: xSoDp4m.gif][Image: vgKJue2.gif][Image: 8fOtMmr.gif]
[Image: zf410hX.gif][Image: QHneyGV.gif][Image: v5DfEro.gif]

I feel like hotel has so much stuff they'd have to cut, but I defo think the plot itself would work as a movie. We'd just lose a lot of gems
[Image: ijRL86a.png?1]
Is there anything better than a natural disaster? 
The panic, the people lost in the streets. It`s like picking fruit off the vine. 

[Image: tumblr_mxnb1sKy7V1qj13q4o1_250.gif][Image: omlbM48.gif][Image: tumblr_p5pdtueuiI1qjvx7uo7_250.gif]
[Image: tumblr_mv30eflOD41qj13q4o2_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_mv30eflOD41qj13q4o1_r2_250.gif][Image: tumblr_mv30eflOD41qj13q4o4_r1_250.gif]