Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you could turn a season of AHS into a full length horror movie, which season?
If you had the opprotunity to turn a season of AHS into a full length theatrical horror movie, which season and why? 

for me it would be Asylum.
LILAH MORGAN
[Image: VTU96yp.gif][Image: RBifvJa.gif][Image: M9EXx0k.gif]
[Image: M4iCszL.gif][Image: tOx8HD3.gif][Image: q2QwGnb.gif?dateline=1545710331]
It`s a survival thing. I made a lot of devil`s bargains and I stuck to them. As a result I live somewhat dangerously and quite comfortably. And my mother, who no longer recognizes me, has the best room in the clinic. I get up every morning, put on my game face and do what I have to.
None. I don’t think you could do any AHS season actual justice by reducing it to a two hour movie. I think you’d pretty much ensure they all suck. Cramming 10-12 hours of content into 2 hours is a bad idea
[Image: bJnaiaN.png?1]
[Image: hCyioEZ.gif][Image: 5uktvJb.gif][Image: 8fYEeHi.gif]
[Image: P202PRj.gif][Image: Umg6ZcL.gif][Image: gt9sM7d.gif]
Do you know what it`s like to be told how lucky you are to be someone`s prisoner?
(10-18-2018, 02:25 PM)Dean Winchester Wrote: None. I don’t think you could do any AHS season actual justice by reducing it to a two hour movie. I think you’d pretty much ensure they all suck. Cramming 10-12 hours of content into 2 hours is a bad idea
Agreed. There's a reason why the best TV adaptations are those that are basically extended episodes of the show, freed from the necessities of staying within a half-hour or hour-long runtime without running afoul of Standards & Practices. Adapting a TV show is like trying to adapt a very long novel: you have to decide what to cut from the adaptation while still getting the spirit of the work through.

That said, I honestly think Ryan Murphy might be better cut out for working in film than TV, given how his shows have a reputation for being good for the first season only to go off the rails later.
[Image: tumblr_lk94ugdWBf1qe6mn3o1_500.gif] [Image: tumblr_lfn89rxh3M1qbxq6qo1_500.gif]
[Image: tumblr_mqevaqodRr1qke7z9o3_500.gif]

----------

Latest review: Shazam! (2019)
Conceptually I think Coven would fit as a movie more than any of them, so I will say that. I think it would lose a lot by being made into a movie but you could also end it better.
[Image: 2OylL7h.png?1]
Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why?
They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logic.

[Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo6_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo2_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo8_250.gif]
[Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo10_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo7_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo9_r1_250.gif]

Society is binding. Right? It’s filling in the cracks with concrete. Everything’s filed or reported, logged, right?
Chips in our kids heads so they won’t get lost. Society needs to crumble. We’re all just too chicken shit to let it.
(10-19-2018, 12:04 PM)Ally Wrote: Conceptually I think Coven would fit as a movie more than any of them, so I will say that. I think it would lose a lot by being made into a movie but you could also end it better.

Roanoke is the one that’d need the least trimming. Haunted House into slasher movie could be done in 2-2.5 hours, and that season had a fuck of a lot of filler you could gut out
[Image: bJnaiaN.png?1]
[Image: hCyioEZ.gif][Image: 5uktvJb.gif][Image: 8fYEeHi.gif]
[Image: P202PRj.gif][Image: Umg6ZcL.gif][Image: gt9sM7d.gif]
Do you know what it`s like to be told how lucky you are to be someone`s prisoner?
Hotel would be fun as a movie
[Image: ZeahVex.png]
[Image: xSoDp4m.gif][Image: vgKJue2.gif][Image: 8fOtMmr.gif]
[Image: zf410hX.gif][Image: QHneyGV.gif][Image: v5DfEro.gif]

I feel like hotel has so much stuff they'd have to cut, but I defo think the plot itself would work as a movie. We'd just lose a lot of gems
[Image: 2OylL7h.png?1]
Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why?
They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logic.

[Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo6_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo2_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo8_250.gif]
[Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo10_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo7_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo9_r1_250.gif]

Society is binding. Right? It’s filling in the cracks with concrete. Everything’s filed or reported, logged, right?
Chips in our kids heads so they won’t get lost. Society needs to crumble. We’re all just too chicken shit to let it.