Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kevin Hart Steps Down as Oscars Host
Quote:“So, I just got a call from the Academy and that call basically said, ‘Kevin apologize for your tweets… or we’re going to have to move on and find another host,'” Hart said in a video shared on Instagram that he captioned “I know who I am and so do the people closest to me.”

A source familiar with the situation confirms to PEOPLE that the Academy did ask Hart to apologize.

However, Hart says he “chose to pass, I passed on the apology.”

“The reason why I passed is because I’ve addressed this several times. This is not the first time this has come up. I’ve addressed it. I’ve spoken on it. I’ve said where the rights and wrongs were. I’ve said who I am now versus who I was then. I’ve done it. I’ve done it,” Hart continued.

“I’m not going to continue to go back and tap into the days of old, when I’ve moved on and I’m in a completely different space in my life. The same energy that went into finding those old tweets could be the same energy put into finding the responses to the questions that have been asked years after years. We’re feeding the internet trolls and we reward them. I’m not going to do it, man. I’m going to be me and stand my ground,” Hart said.
https://people.com/movies/kevin-hart-ref...ets-fired/

Figured this could maybe make for some interesting discussion. Also, for anyone curious, I DID try to take the time to find his previous address of said homophobic tweets so that everyone can have the info at their disposal. I am assuming he's referring to this Instagram post for anyone who cares: https://www.instagram.com/p/BrEFNFalWgw/...e=ig_embed

He also did finally tweet out an actual apology:
https://twitter.com/KevinHart4real/statu...5812118529
https://twitter.com/KevinHart4real/statu...1551007745

[Image: w9H9Sbv.png?1]
[Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo3-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo4-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo1-250.gif]
[Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo5-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo8-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo6-250.gif]
We have a payload to deliver to the heart of our nearest star. We are delivering that payload cause that star is dying and, if it dies, we die, everything dies. So that is our mission, there is nothing, literally nothing, more important than completing our mission. End of story.

I mean I get his point.
[Image: tumblr_pst0ehmhc41qdhps7o3_r1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_pst0ehmhc41qdhps7o7_r3_400.gif][Image: tumblr_pst0ehmhc41qdhps7o5_r2_400.gif][Image: tumblr_pst0ehmhc41qdhps7o1_400.gif]
We are all in strung-out shape, but stay frosty, and alert. We cannot afford to let one of those bastards in here.
I feel like it was immature of him to not just apologize, but I also am tired of people digging up tweets and homophobic/racist/etc. remarks all the time. I won't miss him as the host though. They should get Andy Samberg since he's doing the Golden Globes or Ellen again.
[Image: zcS5rlI.png?1]
[Image: tumblr_ov0cubBf6t1r3ykuvo6_r1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_ov0cubBf6t1r3ykuvo5_r1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_ov0cubBf6t1r3ykuvo7_r1_400.gif]
[Image: tumblr_ov0cubBf6t1r3ykuvo1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_ov0cubBf6t1r3ykuvo2_400.gif][Image: tumblr_ov0cubBf6t1r3ykuvo4_400.gif]

[Image: pnGk9h2.png?1]
Yeah, he's making it more dramatic than it has to be but some of us just develop later in life and they have to pay consequences for what they do online because that shit is out there.
[Image: tumblr_pst0ehmhc41qdhps7o3_r1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_pst0ehmhc41qdhps7o7_r3_400.gif][Image: tumblr_pst0ehmhc41qdhps7o5_r2_400.gif][Image: tumblr_pst0ehmhc41qdhps7o1_400.gif]
We are all in strung-out shape, but stay frosty, and alert. We cannot afford to let one of those bastards in here.
(12-12-2018, 09:26 AM)TheCheetahwings Wrote: I feel like it was immature of him to not just apologize, but I also am tired of people digging up tweets and homophobic/racist/etc. remarks all the time. I won't miss him as the host though. They should get Andy Samberg since he's doing the Golden Globes or Ellen again.

He did eventually apologize after quitting, but x2. Though the amount of people insisting the tweets weren’t offensive is very bothersome to me as well (even if, no, digging up decade old tweets to get him fired isn’t okay and certainly does nothing to promote equality Ken change people’s hearts)

[Image: w9H9Sbv.png?1]
[Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo3-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo4-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo1-250.gif]
[Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo5-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo8-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo6-250.gif]
We have a payload to deliver to the heart of our nearest star. We are delivering that payload cause that star is dying and, if it dies, we die, everything dies. So that is our mission, there is nothing, literally nothing, more important than completing our mission. End of story.

(12-13-2018, 05:15 AM)Repo Wrote:
(12-12-2018, 09:26 AM)TheCheetahwings Wrote: I feel like it was immature of him to not just apologize, but I also am tired of people digging up tweets and homophobic/racist/etc. remarks all the time. I won't miss him as the host though. They should get Andy Samberg since he's doing the Golden Globes or Ellen again.

He did eventually apologize after quitting, but x2. Though the amount of people insisting the tweets weren’t offensive is very bothersome to me as well (even if, no, digging up decade old tweets to get him fired isn’t okay and certainly does nothing to promote equality Ken change people’s hearts)

I think we ALL need equality Ken

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4463897]
I don't get why they're melting about not having a host you'd think it'd be easy to get a host really fast. In general they can just cut the show by 30 minutes and not bother with any comedy monologues that are rarely funny.
[Image: zcS5rlI.png?1]
[Image: tumblr_ov0cubBf6t1r3ykuvo6_r1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_ov0cubBf6t1r3ykuvo5_r1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_ov0cubBf6t1r3ykuvo7_r1_400.gif]
[Image: tumblr_ov0cubBf6t1r3ykuvo1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_ov0cubBf6t1r3ykuvo2_400.gif][Image: tumblr_ov0cubBf6t1r3ykuvo4_400.gif]

[Image: pnGk9h2.png?1]