Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Us (2019)
This was honestly a lot of fun, and obviously WILD based on that concept. I didn't dislike any of the leads, and Lupita seriously gave an AMAZING performance that I would honestly say is Oscar worthy (let's see if they care tho...) 

Out of the two, I think I like Get Out a bit more just because it was a bit better written and smarter. I also found this broke at the steams a biiiiit during the last third, but obviously not enough to wreck anything. 

I feel proud that I MANAGED to call both Jordan Peele twists right away tho!!!!
[Image: tumblr_n83m0sN3RQ1qeybv0o3_r1_250.gifv][Image: tumblr_n83m0sN3RQ1qeybv0o2_250.gifv][Image: tumblr_n83m0sN3RQ1qeybv0o4_r1_250.gifv]
[Image: tumblr_nf4nl9HPip1qenumho6_r1_250.gifv][Image: tumblr_o9hipl2OmL1ub5aypo7_250.gifv][Image: tumblr_o9hipl2OmL1ub5aypo8_250.gifv]

Ser Jaime Lannister. On the breast of his tunic, the lion of his House was embroidered in gold thread, roaring its defiance. they called him the Lion of Lannister to his face and whispered “Kingslayer” behind his back. Jon found it hard to look away from him. “This is what a king should look like”, he thought to himself as he passed
(03-29-2019, 04:25 PM)DianeSelwyn Wrote: This was honestly a lot of fun, and obviously WILD based on that concept. I didn't dislike any of the leads, and Lupita seriously gave an AMAZING performance that I would honestly say is Oscar worthy (let's see if they care tho...) 

Out of the two, I think I like Get Out a bit more just because it was a bit better written and smarter. I also found this broke at the steams a biiiiit during the last third, but obviously not enough to wreck anything. 

I feel proud that I MANAGED to call both Jordan Peele twists right away tho!!!!

I think the fact Lupita tries to have a minimal filmography will be on her side next season
[Image: tumblr_p2j5kkMVyd1wchvx4o3_250.gif][Image: tumblr_p2j5kkMVyd1wchvx4o4_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_p2j5kkMVyd1wchvx4o5_r3_250.gif]
[Image: tumblr_p2j5kkMVyd1wchvx4o2_250.gif][Image: tumblr_p2j5kkMVyd1wchvx4o7_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_p2j5kkMVyd1wchvx4o1_r1_250.gif]

I have something to say! I am not going to wait for Wadsworth to unmask me.
I work for the State Department and I am a homosexual!
Really loved this & prefer it to Get Out. I think it was actually smarter written and creative conceptually, not that Get Out wasn't. The movie has a lot of layers to it, and the direction is amazing (so many cool shots in this and creative directing). The movie is mostly just super intense and suspenseful, not really scary. The whole family was good and resourceful, which is refreshing- none of the kids were stupid and were all really well acted. Really loved everything about it.
[Image: 2OylL7h.png?1]
Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why?
They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logic.

[Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo6_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo2_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo8_250.gif]
[Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo10_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo7_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo9_r1_250.gif]

Society is binding. Right? It’s filling in the cracks with concrete. Everything’s filed or reported, logged, right?
Chips in our kids heads so they won’t get lost. Society needs to crumble. We’re all just too chicken shit to let it.
This was a movie that I feel like I have to watch again in order to fully get what happened in it. I loved how, even though there are so many ways to interpret it, all of them still point back to a coherent message... at least, I think. It's a movie with a lot on its mind that, by and large, figures out how to say it, and is also a really good home invasion horror movie (albeit one that evolves into something more exotic) even if you take out the subtext. Lupita was absolutely phenomenal, but let's not forget the rest of the cast, from Winston Duke's sitcom dad to Tim Heidecker and Elisabeth Moss as the rich yuppies, especially since they all had to play their polar-opposite (yet eerily similar) shadow archetypes. At the very least, I'm definitely picking this up when it hits video.

My full review is here.

And what forum should we move this thread to now that the movie's out? I guess Survival Horror.