Poll: Kim vs. Burke
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Kimberly Corman
20.00%
1 20.00%
Thomas Burke
80.00%
4 80.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kim vs. Burke
Which of FD2’s leads did you like most and why?
[Image: w9H9Sbv.png?1]
[Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo3-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo4-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo1-250.gif]
[Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo5-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo8-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo6-250.gif]
We have a payload to deliver to the heart of our nearest star. We are delivering that payload cause that star is dying and, if it dies, we die, everything dies. So that is our mission, there is nothing, literally nothing, more important than completing our mission. End of story.

I don't particularly care for either, but Kimberly at least has that lol deleted scene so...

Kimberly
[Image: tumblr_ns3pgv1Xx21rln3sqo2_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_ns3pgv1Xx21rln3sqo7_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_ns3pgv1Xx21rln3sqo8_r1_250.gif]

Held by memories, in this moment, I turn into a coward
and choose a life in which I can`t even feel pain!
Held by memories, in this moment, I can`t go forward!
I can`t allow myself a life of wandering after something...

[Image: tumblr_ns3pgv1Xx21rln3sqo3_r2_250.gif][Image: tumblr_ns3pgv1Xx21rln3sqo5_r3_250.gif][Image: tumblr_ns3pgv1Xx21rln3sqo6_r1_250.gif]
Thomas
[Image: ZeahVex.png]
[Image: xSoDp4m.gif][Image: vgKJue2.gif][Image: 8fOtMmr.gif]
[Image: zf410hX.gif][Image: QHneyGV.gif][Image: v5DfEro.gif]

On the flip side, Kim got, like, five people killed with how incompetent she was (Tim, though you can pin blame on Burke too. Also Kat, Rory, Clear, and Eugene. And by extension Brian because he'd never be in danger without her wild goose chase bringing news people there). Her reaction to Rory's death is pretty bad too.

Though yeah, that deleted scene is hilarious at least. Both are bland.
[Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo3-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo4-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo1-250.gif]
[Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo5-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo8-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo6-250.gif]
We have a payload to deliver to the heart of our nearest star. We are delivering that payload cause that star is dying and, if it dies, we die, everything dies. So that is our mission, there is nothing, literally nothing, more important than completing our mission. End of story.

Kimberly.
CHRIS HARTLEY
[Image: tumblr_o0os4fvb2O1rkxk2ho8_250.gif][Image: tumblr_o0os4fvb2O1rkxk2ho7_250.gif][Image: tumblr_o0os4fvb2O1rkxk2ho1_250.gif]
[Image: tumblr_o0os4fvb2O1rkxk2ho6_250.gif][Image: tumblr_o0os4fvb2O1rkxk2ho3_250.gif][Image: tumblr_o0os4fvb2O1rkxk2ho5_250.gif]
Burke deserves the vote I think. I don't think he can really be blamed for Nora's death since he was actively trying to warn her & the guy was already creeping her out with the hair smelling. He tried his best to help and save people and didn't get anyone really killed. With Tim i think it's also hard to really pin it on him since he was just going on what Kim told him, so he was really shooting in the dark blindly. He's pretty likable, handsome, and well intentioned. He's also one of the few people to actually save a life in it, even if it's annoyingly Kim
[Image: zcS5rlI.png?1]
[Image: tumblr_ov0cubBf6t1r3ykuvo6_r1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_ov0cubBf6t1r3ykuvo5_r1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_ov0cubBf6t1r3ykuvo7_r1_400.gif]
[Image: tumblr_ov0cubBf6t1r3ykuvo1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_ov0cubBf6t1r3ykuvo2_400.gif][Image: tumblr_ov0cubBf6t1r3ykuvo4_400.gif]

[Image: pnGk9h2.png?1]
Kim sucked Burke into her mess, he's innocent!
[Image: tumblr_pst0ehmhc41qdhps7o3_r1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_pst0ehmhc41qdhps7o7_r3_400.gif][Image: tumblr_pst0ehmhc41qdhps7o5_r2_400.gif][Image: tumblr_pst0ehmhc41qdhps7o1_400.gif]
We are all in strung-out shape, but stay frosty, and alert. We cannot afford to let one of those bastards in here.
(02-05-2019, 06:21 AM)TheCheetahwings Wrote: Burke deserves the vote I think. I don't think he can really be blamed for Nora's death since he was actively trying to warn her & the guy was already creeping her out with the hair smelling. He tried his best to help and save people and didn't get anyone really killed. With Tim i think it's also hard to really pin it on him since he was just going on what Kim told him, so he was really shooting in the dark blindly. He's pretty likable, handsome, and well intentioned. He's also one of the few people to actually save a life in it, even if it's annoyingly Kim

I mean, she was creeped out, but Burke calling her phone is what made her drop it (and got her hair caught on the prosthetics/hooks/etc.), and his "A man with hooks is going to kill you" is what prompted her actual panic and got her trapped in the elevator. I do agree he TRIED his best to save people (so did Kim), but it never really translated into actual successes and tended to cause failures (pigeons is firmly on Kim, though, not Burke. I don't think anyone pins that one on him).

As for being one of the few people to save a life, Kim is actually the other one, saving Burke's life in the hospital. Those two just sucked at saving anyone besides themselves.

Handsome is definitely on point. I remember him being a bit personality-vacant even ignoring that Burke was ineffective, though. Kim had that issue too, though Burke's actor was better.

(03-25-2019, 11:55 PM)Repo Wrote:
(02-05-2019, 06:21 AM)TheCheetahwings Wrote: Burke deserves the vote I think. I don't think he can really be blamed for Nora's death since he was actively trying to warn her & the guy was already creeping her out with the hair smelling. He tried his best to help and save people and didn't get anyone really killed. With Tim i think it's also hard to really pin it on him since he was just going on what Kim told him, so he was really shooting in the dark blindly. He's pretty likable, handsome, and well intentioned. He's also one of the few people to actually save a life in it, even if it's annoyingly Kim

I mean, she was creeped out, but Burke calling her phone is what made her drop it (and got her hair caught on the prosthetics/hooks/etc.), and his "A man with hooks is going to kill you" is what prompted her actual panic and got her trapped in the elevator. I do agree he TRIED his best to save people (so did Kim), but it never really translated into actual successes and tended to cause failures (pigeons is firmly on Kim, though, not Burke. I don't think anyone pins that one on him).  

As for being one of the few people to save a life, Kim is actually the other one, saving Burke's life in the hospital. Those two just sucked at saving anyone besides themselves.

Handsome is definitely on point. I remember him being a bit personality-vacant even ignoring that Burke was ineffective, though. Kim had that issue too, though Burke's actor was better.

Yes. Burke provided Nora with a phone to call and warn her when she may be in danger. It's not his fault Nora is a paranoid, neurotic mess who legit SCREAMS when a phone RINGS. Nor is it his fault that she reacted with an utter MELTDOWN when she could've tried to approach it far more rationally. If anything I'd call Nora the stupid one, especially cause she was melting down so hard she couldn't hear Eugene LITERALLY TELLING HER that her hair was just caught unintentionally on the hooks. 

At the end of the day, Burke provided a phone and warned her about the clue. Nora CHOSE to leave the group despite being warned not to, and nora STUPIDLY melted down because she experienced such an other worldly event known as a "telephone ring". 

Burke did nothing stupid. He isn't psychic. 
He simply provided the information as best as he could.

[Image: RcTuZF6.gif]
[Image: zcS5rlI.png?1]
[Image: tumblr_ov0cubBf6t1r3ykuvo6_r1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_ov0cubBf6t1r3ykuvo5_r1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_ov0cubBf6t1r3ykuvo7_r1_400.gif]
[Image: tumblr_ov0cubBf6t1r3ykuvo1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_ov0cubBf6t1r3ykuvo2_400.gif][Image: tumblr_ov0cubBf6t1r3ykuvo4_400.gif]

[Image: pnGk9h2.png?1]
(03-28-2019, 12:54 AM)TheCheetahwings Wrote:
(03-25-2019, 11:55 PM)Repo Wrote:

Yes. Burke provided Nora with a phone to call and warn her when she may be in danger. It's not his fault Nora is a paranoid, neurotic mess who legit SCREAMS when a phone RINGS. Nor is it his fault that she reacted with an utter MELTDOWN when she could've tried to approach it far more rationally. If anything I'd call Nora the stupid one, especially cause she was melting down so hard she couldn't hear Eugene LITERALLY TELLING HER that her hair was just caught unintentionally on the hooks. 

At the end of the day, Burke provided a phone and warned her about the clue. Nora CHOSE to leave the group despite being warned not to, and nora STUPIDLY melted down because she experienced such an other worldly event known as a "telephone ring". 

Burke did nothing stupid. He isn't psychic. 
He simply provided the information as best as he could.

[Image: RcTuZF6.gif]

I can't really contest a lot of your points; most level-headed people probably wouldn't expect a meltdown of Nora's levels (and typically speaking, Burke calling her to warn her would actually be beneficial and a very good call). She pretty massively overreacted; that said, it doesn't exactly make him competent either. The only thing Burke contributed all film that was legitimately "useful" was saving Kim's life at the beginning (and sort of at the ending with the ambulance too), and, given she got half that cast killed, I don't know how useful it was in the long-run. I suppose that's a strong case for him not being completely incompetent, but still. Competency issue.

He's also still fairly underdeveloped and kinda lacking in the personality department.