Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Lost Boys (1987)
The Lost Boys (1987)

Rated R

[Image: Lost_boys.jpg]

Quote:Sam and his older brother Michael are average, everyday teens. But after they move with their mother to peaceful Santa Clara, California, things mysteriously begin to change. Michael's not himself lately. And Mom's not going to like what he's turning into.

The Lost Boys reshapes vampire tradition, deftly mixing heart-pounding terror, rib-tickling laughs, and a body-gyrating rock soundtrack. Under Joel Schumacher's direction, a marvelous cast -- Jason Patric, Jami Gertz, Kiefer Sutherland, Corey Feldman, Corey Haim, Barnard Hughes, Edward Herrmann, and Dianne Weist -- stakes you to gleefully ghoulish entertainment.

The Popcorn Frights Film Festival showed this in a special screening last weekend. It's been a long time since I last saw it, but even so, I was surprised by how awesome it was and how well it still holds up -- especially since the one thing I did remember about it was that it was very, very '80s. (Which is still true, but is hardly a bad thing.) It's a legitimately great vampire movie, one that, according to Joss Whedon, we have to thank for the existence of Spike from Buffy, and which arguably laid the template for that show's mix of vampire horror and self-referential humor. Kiefer Sutherland was a great villain, the Frog brothers were hilarious, some of the twists on vampire lore were quite creative (especially how they handle the idea of inviting a vampire into your home), and the visual design and special effects still look amazing even over thirty years later. Probably one of the best vampire movies in recent years, and it's easy to see how it had such an impact, since I was still blown away by it in 2019.

My full review is here.
[Image: tumblr_lk94ugdWBf1qe6mn3o1_500.gif] [Image: tumblr_lfn89rxh3M1qbxq6qo1_500.gif]
[Image: tumblr_mqevaqodRr1qke7z9o3_500.gif]

----------

Latest review: Shazam! (2019)
This movie looks good. The cast >
[Image: 2OylL7h.png?1]
Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why?
They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logic.

[Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo6_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo2_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo8_250.gif]
[Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo10_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo7_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo9_r1_250.gif]

Society is binding. Right? It’s filling in the cracks with concrete. Everything’s filed or reported, logged, right?
Chips in our kids heads so they won’t get lost. Society needs to crumble. We’re all just too chicken shit to let it.