Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Christmas (2019)
As if this couldn't look worse, it's going to be PG13.
[Image: w9H9Sbv.png?1]
[Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo3-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo4-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo1-250.gif]
[Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo5-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo8-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo6-250.gif]
We have a payload to deliver to the heart of our nearest star. We are delivering that payload cause that star is dying and, if it dies, we die, everything dies. So that is our mission, there is nothing, literally nothing, more important than completing our mission. End of story.

I see the trailer and TV spots for this damn thing basically everyday, and I swear each one looks worse than the last. The PG-13 rating certainly explains some of it's trashiness, though. I mean obviously there are good PG-13 horror films out there (examples: A Quiet Place, Happy Death Day, Drag Me to Hell) but... I feel like Black Christmas is a movie that'd need a R-rated remake?
[Image: tumblr_pgqd1jQd4I1qiiay5o7_250.gifv][Image: tumblr_pgqd1jQd4I1qiiay5o3_250.gif][Image: tumblr_pgqd1jQd4I1qiiay5o2_250.gif]

Here`s to four straight years
of pre-gaming with the dead...

[Image: tumblr_pgqd1jQd4I1qiiay5o5_250.gif][Image: tumblr_pgqd1jQd4I1qiiay5o1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_pgqd1jQd4I1qiiay5o4_250.gif]
(11-15-2019, 03:31 AM)TyeSays Wrote: I see the trailer and TV spots for this damn thing basically everyday, and I swear each one looks worse than the last. The PG-13 rating certainly explains some of it's trashiness, though. I mean obviously there are good PG-13 horror films out there (examples: A Quiet Place, Happy Death Day, Drag Me to Hell) but... I feel like Black Christmas is a movie that'd need a R-rated remake?

Well, A Quiet Place is a monster movie, Drag Me to Hell is supernatural, and while HDD is a slasher, it's whole thing is being silly and self-aware (not to mention it's not a traditional slasher). Those can get away with a PG13 rating a bit more than a slasher like Black Christmas.

As for this movie, it just looks like a misfire period. Between the trailers and the advertising, all I get is this movie wants to make sure I know it's FEMINIST! Which, like, all for feminism and everything, but they're picking the wrong movie to try and fix; the OG Black Christmas was probably more feminist than how this looks, even if it's less in-your-face on it. (I mean, when's the last time you've seen a female protagonist choose to get an abortion without being judged for it or her sexual activity? Especially in a slasher movie? Where the boyfriend who's trying to force her to keep the kid is being portrayed as over-controlling and infringing on her rights? Then the other girls like Barb are genuinely funny and three-dimensional). In contrast, "Strong female protagonist takes down evil men" is dime-a-dozen in horror at this point, as is the "Let's do multiple final girls" thing. And both have been done way better than this.
[Image: w9H9Sbv.png?1]
[Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo3-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo4-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo1-250.gif]
[Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo5-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo8-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo6-250.gif]
We have a payload to deliver to the heart of our nearest star. We are delivering that payload cause that star is dying and, if it dies, we die, everything dies. So that is our mission, there is nothing, literally nothing, more important than completing our mission. End of story.