Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019)
Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019)

Rated PG-13 for sequence of monster action violence and destruction, and for some language

[Image: Godzilla_%E2%80%93_King_of_the_Monsters_...poster.png]

Quote:The cryptozoological agency MONARCH faces off against a battery of god-sized monsters, including the mighty Godzilla, who collides with Mothra, Rodan, and his ultimate nemesis, the three-headed King Ghidorah.

This was a fair bit better than the 2014 film, fixing some of its problems but introducing a new one in its place, one that's ironically lifted from the Japanese films. Instead of having boring human characters with too much screen time, it has characters who could've been interesting but aren't given enough room to breathe, which is a shame given that the entire cast here is leagues better than Aaron Taylor-Johnson was last time. That said, the monsters themselves are the real star of the show here, and... well, if you ever wanted to see a Japanese monster royal rumble movie done on a $200 million budget with Hollywood-grade special effects, you will get your wish and then some here. I'm not surprised at the split in the response between critics and Godzilla fans; this is the purest translation of the Japanese Godzilla sequels ever made by an American studio, for better or for worse.

My full review is here.
[Image: tumblr_lk94ugdWBf1qe6mn3o1_500.gif] [Image: tumblr_lfn89rxh3M1qbxq6qo1_500.gif]
[Image: tumblr_mqevaqodRr1qke7z9o3_500.gif]

----------

Latest review: Popcorn Frights 2019, Day 9 - Bit (2019)
I beyond loved every minute of this movie that was dedicated to the monsters. I seriously -could not- look away wherever they were on screen.

I didn't really hate the human cast (I actually agree that just about everyone in this was miles better than the cast of the first one...minus Cranston) tho they did feel incredibly underwhelming and underused. Millie Bobby especially! She wasn't wretched just...wasted
[Image: tumblr_ns3pgv1Xx21rln3sqo2_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_ns3pgv1Xx21rln3sqo7_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_ns3pgv1Xx21rln3sqo8_r1_250.gif]

Held by memories, in this moment, I turn into a coward
and choose a life in which I can`t even feel pain!
Held by memories, in this moment, I can`t go forward!
I can`t allow myself a life of wandering after something...

[Image: tumblr_ns3pgv1Xx21rln3sqo3_r2_250.gif][Image: tumblr_ns3pgv1Xx21rln3sqo5_r3_250.gif][Image: tumblr_ns3pgv1Xx21rln3sqo6_r1_250.gif]
Millie had one of the best scenes in this movie. It really makes me wish that they'd spent more time fleshing out the characters.
[Image: tumblr_lk94ugdWBf1qe6mn3o1_500.gif] [Image: tumblr_lfn89rxh3M1qbxq6qo1_500.gif]
[Image: tumblr_mqevaqodRr1qke7z9o3_500.gif]

----------

Latest review: Popcorn Frights 2019, Day 9 - Bit (2019)