Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cabin Fever (2016)
[Image: cabin-fever-2016.png]
While visiting their getaway cabin, five friends succumb to a flesh-eating disease.

[Image: w9H9Sbv.png?1]
[Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo3-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo4-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo1-250.gif]
[Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo5-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo8-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo6-250.gif]
We have a payload to deliver to the heart of our nearest star. We are delivering that payload cause that star is dying and, if it dies, we die, everything dies. So that is our mission, there is nothing, literally nothing, more important than completing our mission. End of story.

A very lifeless film that looks nice. It looks so fresh and green. But other than that I feel like it's attempt to take the franchise seriously is a complete failure.
I honestly got excited at the idea of going serious for a remake (the original is amusing and entertaining in my book, but the concept is genuinely creepy and unsettling; lots of potential to do a genuinely scary movie for it). I admittedly only skimmed this (knew it'd be a trainwreck, was curious how much and what the new deaths would be like), but this... was not what I wanted. Reusing the script of a comedy and sucking the comedy out to make it serious is mind-numbingly stupid. Then yeah, the little I saw of the direction is baaaad (and kinda wanna-be Shining-ish which isn't good either).

[Image: w9H9Sbv.png?1]
[Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo3-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo4-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo1-250.gif]
[Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo5-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo8-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo6-250.gif]
We have a payload to deliver to the heart of our nearest star. We are delivering that payload cause that star is dying and, if it dies, we die, everything dies. So that is our mission, there is nothing, literally nothing, more important than completing our mission. End of story.

I have a soft spot for this travesty of a movie, mainly cause it's what inspired my first completed script. Beyond that, I just try to forget this even exists
[Image: tumblr_ns3pgv1Xx21rln3sqo2_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_ns3pgv1Xx21rln3sqo7_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_ns3pgv1Xx21rln3sqo8_r1_250.gif]

Held by memories, in this moment, I turn into a coward
and choose a life in which I can`t even feel pain!
Held by memories, in this moment, I can`t go forward!
I can`t allow myself a life of wandering after something...

[Image: tumblr_ns3pgv1Xx21rln3sqo3_r2_250.gif][Image: tumblr_ns3pgv1Xx21rln3sqo5_r3_250.gif][Image: tumblr_ns3pgv1Xx21rln3sqo6_r1_250.gif]
Never seen the remake, and don't plan to!
[Image: ZeahVex.png]
[Image: xSoDp4m.gif][Image: vgKJue2.gif][Image: 8fOtMmr.gif]
[Image: zf410hX.gif][Image: QHneyGV.gif][Image: v5DfEro.gif]

I'd never seen the original or the remake before tonight. I just watched the original for the October Challenge, though. Going by what's been said about the remake, I'm not surprised that it didn't work.
[Image: tumblr_lk94ugdWBf1qe6mn3o1_500.gif] [Image: tumblr_lfn89rxh3M1qbxq6qo1_500.gif]
[Image: tumblr_mqevaqodRr1qke7z9o3_500.gif]

----------

Latest review: Popcorn Frights 2019, Day 9 - Bit (2019)