Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scream, Queen! My Nightmare on Elm Street (2019)
Scream, Queen! My Nightmare on Elm Street (2019)

Not rated

[Image: MV5BMjUwNDI4NzYyNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTIw...00_AL_.jpg]

Quote:Scream, Queen! My Nightmare on Elm Street sets the records straight about the controversial sequel to A Nightmare on Elm Street, which ended Mark Patton’s acting career, just as it was about to begin. Scream, Queen! follows Patton as he travels to horror conventions across the U.S., each new city unwrapping a chapter from his life that is met with equal parts joyful and bittersweet detail, as he attempts to make peace with his past and embrace his legacy as cinema’s first male “scream queen.” Scream, Queen! also finds Patton confronting the Freddy’s Revenge cast and crew for the first time, including co-stars Robert Rusler, Kim Myers, and Clu Gulager, as well as Freddy Krueger himself, Robert Englund.

Popcorn Frights screened this and Freddy's Revenge together earlier this month, and had Mark Patton in attendance for Q&A sessions on both. This was a very enlightening documentary on the history of both the horror genre and gay culture in the '80s, particularly the panic of the AIDS crisis, and specifically how it destroyed Patton's career and caused him to move to Mexico. There were a few assertions on its part that I had some quibbles with, but even if I still don't think Freddy's Revenge is a particularly good movie, this film did a great job of getting me to reconsider it.

My full review is here.
[Image: tumblr_lk94ugdWBf1qe6mn3o1_500.gif] [Image: tumblr_lfn89rxh3M1qbxq6qo1_500.gif]
[Image: tumblr_mqevaqodRr1qke7z9o3_500.gif]

----------

Latest review: Knives Out (2019)