The Hunt (2020)
[Image: agcgrvhktgj41.jpg]

Twelve strangers wake up in a clearing. They don't know where they are -- or how they got there. In the shadow of a dark internet conspiracy theory, ruthless elitists gather at a remote location to hunt humans for sport. But their master plan is about to be derailed when one of the hunted, Crystal, turns the tables on her pursuers.
[Image: fglyMzL.png]

[Image: e7dSZDW.gif][Image: mm7GUzP.gif][Image: UBbhEYQ.gif]
[Image: gZUnDWY.gif][Image: WBJnK8i.gif][Image: UQZ61MD.gif]
Betty is a GODDESS.
This was WILD. I really, really enjoyed it though. Not sure what the political message is meant to be beyond "FUCK EVERYONE" (and maybe a little bit of "Stop insisting everyone that isn't you is the enemy" in the mix), but.. man. That was wild. And Betty Giplin fucking MAKES this movie.
[Image: w9H9Sbv.png?1]
[Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo3-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo4-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo1-250.gif]
[Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo5-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo8-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo6-250.gif]
We have a payload to deliver to the heart of our nearest star. We are delivering that payload cause that star is dying and, if it dies, we die, everything dies. So that is our mission, there is nothing, literally nothing, more important than completing our mission. End of story.

The political message was definitely muddled; at times, it felt like South Park at its best, but it could also feel like South Park at its worst.

That said, everything else about the movie was wild. Betty Gilpin is an action hero in the making, the action scenes were great, and it had a really dark and twisted sense of humor that definitely worked. It's nice to see that this got the emergency VOD treatment from Universal and Blumhouse during the quarantine, because I don't regret seeing it.
[Image: tumblr_lk94ugdWBf1qe6mn3o1_500.gif] [Image: tumblr_lfn89rxh3M1qbxq6qo1_500.gif]
[Image: tumblr_mqevaqodRr1qke7z9o3_500.gif]

----------

Latest review: The Hunt (2020)
Ultimately the political message is to never assume you know who someone is, whether that be by their social media posts, texts, or political beliefs. There are crazy trump supporters and crazy liberals, it's not all black and white. Feel they did a good job with that.

The movie is super wild and bizarre in a gr8 way. Love Crystal
[Image: fglyMzL.png]

[Image: e7dSZDW.gif][Image: mm7GUzP.gif][Image: UBbhEYQ.gif]
[Image: gZUnDWY.gif][Image: WBJnK8i.gif][Image: UQZ61MD.gif]
Alright, my full review is up.
[Image: tumblr_lk94ugdWBf1qe6mn3o1_500.gif] [Image: tumblr_lfn89rxh3M1qbxq6qo1_500.gif]
[Image: tumblr_mqevaqodRr1qke7z9o3_500.gif]

----------

Latest review: The Hunt (2020)