Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cult General Discussion
[Image: 214_7.jpg]

The fictional city of Brookfield Heights, Michigan is left divided by the 2016 U.S. presidential election. Local restaurant owner Ally Mayfair-Richards (Sarah Paulson) is utterly distraught by Donald Trump's victory after she voted for a third party, causing her phobias of coulrophobia, hemophobia, and trypophobia to flare up as a result. A fellow Brookfield Heights resident named Kai Anderson (Evan Peters), a manipulative sociopath, rejoices at the election results and begins his own pursuit of political power by first recruiting his disillusioned sister Winter (Billie Lourd), a liberal college dropout who supported Hillary Clinton's campaign.

In the following months, Ally finds herself being relentlessly terrorized by masked clowns with those close to her, including her psychiatrist, Dr. Rudy Vincent (Cheyenne Jackson), assuming the attacks are real or merely anxiety-fueled hallucinations. Ally's paranoia and turmoil, escalated by suspicious activities perpetrated by new neighbors Harrison (Billy Eichner) and Meadow Wilton (Leslie Grossman), hinder her relationships with her wife Ivy (Alison Pill) and their son (Cooper Dodson). It would later be revealed that the clowns are actually orchestrated by Kai top engineer his rise to power while establishing a personality cult, winning over Ivy who joined the group so she have Ally committed.
[Image: 2OylL7h.png?1]
Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why?
They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logic.

[Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo6_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo2_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo8_250.gif]
[Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo10_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo7_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo9_r1_250.gif]

Society is binding. Right? It’s filling in the cracks with concrete. Everything’s filed or reported, logged, right?
Chips in our kids heads so they won’t get lost. Society needs to crumble. We’re all just too chicken shit to let it.
Definitely one of the better recent seasons of the show.
[Image: tumblr_pn6z9hZvJ91r0jkkko2_r1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_pn6z9hZvJ91r0jkkko1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_pn6z9hZvJ91r0jkkko3_r1_400.gif]
[Image: tumblr_pn6z9hZvJ91r0jkkko5_r1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_pn6z9hZvJ91r0jkkko6_r1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_pn6z9hZvJ91r0jkkko8_r1_400.gif]

And I think its going to be a long, long time til touchdowns bring me round again to find...
Im not the man they think I am at home, oh no, Im a rocket man.
Great season.
[Image: 2OylL7h.png?1]
Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why?
They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logic.

[Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo6_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo2_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo8_250.gif]
[Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo10_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo7_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo9_r1_250.gif]

Society is binding. Right? It’s filling in the cracks with concrete. Everything’s filed or reported, logged, right?
Chips in our kids heads so they won’t get lost. Society needs to crumble. We’re all just too chicken shit to let it.
I owe it a full rewatch sometimes, it was really a stellar top 3 season material.
[Image: tumblr_pn6z9hZvJ91r0jkkko2_r1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_pn6z9hZvJ91r0jkkko1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_pn6z9hZvJ91r0jkkko3_r1_400.gif]
[Image: tumblr_pn6z9hZvJ91r0jkkko5_r1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_pn6z9hZvJ91r0jkkko6_r1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_pn6z9hZvJ91r0jkkko8_r1_400.gif]

And I think its going to be a long, long time til touchdowns bring me round again to find...
I was expecting this season to be brutally bad; like, I figured I'd end up skipping it. Very pleasantly surprised by how it turned out. I have a few major complaints: the Valerie Solaris bullshit lasts far longer than it should have; it was decent but just way too much (and while I like Scum in theory, I think it convoluted the plot a little bit too much for my liking. Though it's not a disaster) and the finale is extremely disappointing and underwhelming (I like what they're going for in theory, but it felt pretty predictable, underwhelming, and anti-climactic).

All that said, the rest is stellar. The political satire and humor is surprisingly fair and balanced, taking hilarious shots at the people associated with every end of the political spectrum. Even better than that are the characters. Evan Peters is giving it his all and killing it as Kai, and Sarah Paulson isn't far behind him either. Billy Eichner and Leslie Grossman are also to die for as Paulson's deranged neighbors. Pretty much everyone is good and gets some moment to stand out (even more minor and disposable ones). Absolutely hilarious to watch. And even surprisingly creepy and unsettling at points. That nail gun scene was genuinely disturbing.

All in all, loooove.
[Image: bJnaiaN.png?1]
[Image: hCyioEZ.gif][Image: 5uktvJb.gif][Image: 8fYEeHi.gif]
[Image: P202PRj.gif][Image: Umg6ZcL.gif][Image: gt9sM7d.gif]
Do you know what it`s like to be told how lucky you are to be someone`s prisoner?
Election Night is by far the best premiere since Bitchcraft, with maybe Hotel edging it out. The cast is all-around great too. Ally makes for such an enticing lead with her high-pressure anxieties & how Kai/the cult plays on that, Winter is a mastermind making Ozzie & his family her little puppet, Kai is wonderfully deranged and hilariously mainstream, Cheyenne's constant lip purses and bulging veins is humbling, Harrison & Meadow are amusing, with Harrison getting the edge for one of my faves after Ally/Kai. Least faves are Ivy (while not terrible, just ...fine) and the detective (Plot-device cop & Colton's bleached hair doesn't help with the cop's arrogance). The supermarket scene, mixed with the political, mental, & real horror, as well as nifty Shining homages was the episode highlight as well as a season one solidified. Don't Be Afraid of The Dark definitely grounds itself a bit and focuses more on challenging Ally's character to set up her future arc. Not just decent, but quite a ways above but less entertaining than episode 1, which is fine by all means since it feels like a more homely transition to get us more familiar with what's going on and what's to come.

One of the better AHS seasons, it does have it's filler but it's intertwining storylines are very interesting & fun to watch unravel.