Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lady Gaga
[Image: BhyOHPV.jpg]

Lady Gaga was born as Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta on March 28, 1986 in Yonkers, New York. She attended New York University's Tisch School for the Arts but left to find creative expression. Lady Gaga's debut single, "Just Dance," was released to radio in early 2008, and received both popular and commercial acclaim. The song was then nominated for a Grammy Award (for best dance recording) in 2008. The song lost to Daft Punk's "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger," but this didn't keep Gaga from reaching No. 1 on the mainstream pop charts in January 2009. The second single off of The Fame, "Poker Face," earned Gaga even more success. The song topped singles charts in almost every category, and in almost every country. Both songs were produced by Akon's affiliate RedOne, who co-wrote most of Lady Gaga's album.

Later in 2008, Lady Gaga opened for the newly reformed New Kids on the Block. She also collaborated with the group on the song "Big Girl Now" from New Kids on the Block's album The Block. The following year, Gaga released an album of eight songs, The Fame Monster, followed by 2011's Born This Way. In 2013, Lady Gaga released her third studio album, Artpop. The album didn't resonate as strongly with her audience as her previous works. Among the shake-ups in her inner circle, she and her manager parted ways. 

In 2014, she released an album of jazz duets with crooner Tony Bennett entitled Cheek to Cheek, which later won a Grammy for Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album. In an interview with Parade, Lady Gaga said of her latest collaboration, “Working with Tony has reaffirmed everything I knew but that you start to forget when your life changes and it gets really noisy. For ­Tony, it’s all about great music.” Gaga continued to showcase her versatility and strength as a vocalist at the Academy Awards telecast in Feburary 2015, paying tribute to the 50th anniversary of The Sound of Music and actress/singer Julie Andrews by performing selections from the musical. 

ALBUMS
[Image: LG_The_Fame.jpg][Image: https%3A%2F%2Fimages.genius.com%2Fcb1700...1000x1.jpg]
[Image: 51OLNgYfW5L._SY300_.jpg][Image: Artpop_cover.png]
[Image: Tony_Bennett_and_Lady_Gaga_-_Cheek_to_Cheek.png][Image: Lady_Gaga_-_Joanne_(Official_Album_Cover).png]
[Image: 2OylL7h.png?1]
Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why?
They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logic.

[Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo6_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo2_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo8_250.gif]
[Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo10_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo7_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo9_r1_250.gif]

Society is binding. Right? It’s filling in the cracks with concrete. Everything’s filed or reported, logged, right?
Chips in our kids heads so they won’t get lost. Society needs to crumble. We’re all just too chicken shit to let it.
A Star Is Born is so amazing and the soundtrack in general has some of her best songs ever
Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why?
They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logic.

[Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo6_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo2_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo8_250.gif]
[Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo10_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo7_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_nt334n1Ivi1qc2pylo9_r1_250.gif]

Society is binding. Right? It’s filling in the cracks with concrete. Everything’s filed or reported, logged, right?
Chips in our kids heads so they won’t get lost. Society needs to crumble. We’re all just too chicken shit to let it.
I can't believe I haven't posted yet. Absolutely one of the brightest, kind-hearted, talented performer that's come into the pop game. A Star Is Born is wonderful, I've been living good with Joanne & this soundtrack. So much vocal talent. She feels fully formed & recognized as the Barbara of this generation, I mean it's crazy we went from The Fame to here.
[Image: tumblr_pn6z9hZvJ91r0jkkko2_r1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_pn6z9hZvJ91r0jkkko1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_pn6z9hZvJ91r0jkkko3_r1_400.gif]
[Image: tumblr_pn6z9hZvJ91r0jkkko5_r1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_pn6z9hZvJ91r0jkkko6_r1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_pn6z9hZvJ91r0jkkko8_r1_400.gif]

And I think its going to be a long, long time til touchdowns bring me round again to find...
Im not the man they think I am at home, oh no, Im a rocket man.
(10-07-2018, 11:45 PM)Annie Graham Wrote: I can't believe I haven't posted yet. Absolutely one of the brightest, kind-hearted, talented performer that's come into the pop game. A Star Is Born is wonderful, I've been living good with Joanne & this soundtrack. So much vocal talent. She feels fully formed & recognized as the Barbara of this generation, I mean it's crazy we went from The Fame to here.

Ikr giveup

I always find it wow how much she's grown as an artist. Though this is really the singer she was born to be, since she started off with rock-piano ballads and now shes back to power rock ballads & amazing vocals. She was always holding back during her The Fame years. The Fame Monster is her fully realizing her unique voice for melodies, and I love it. Born This Way is really a fully formed POP version of this, if you think about it. One of my fave albums from her. And then Joanne is just her returning to what she wanted to create at the beginning. She should continue in this direction because every song on ASIB is a gem (even the cheesy pop tunes are classic Gaga pop in a more realized way), and I would trade her pop bops for songs like Shallow, I'll Never Love Again & so on forever.

(10-07-2018, 11:49 PM)Ally Wrote:
(10-07-2018, 11:45 PM)Annie Graham Wrote: I can't believe I haven't posted yet. Absolutely one of the brightest, kind-hearted, talented performer that's come into the pop game. A Star Is Born is wonderful, I've been living good with Joanne & this soundtrack. So much vocal talent. She feels fully formed & recognized as the Barbara of this generation, I mean it's crazy we went from The Fame to here.

Ikr giveup

I always find it wow how much she's grown as an artist. Though this is really the singer she was born to be, since she started off with rock-piano ballads and now shes back to power rock ballads & amazing vocals. She was always holding back during her The Fame years. The Fame Monster is her fully realizing her unique voice for melodies, and I love it. Born This Way is really a fully formed POP version of this, if you think about it. One of my fave albums from her. And then Joanne is just her returning to what she wanted to create at the beginning. She should continue in this direction because every song on ASIB is a gem (even the cheesy pop tunes are classic Gaga pop in a more realized way), and I would trade her pop bops for songs like Shallow, I'll Never Love Again & so on forever.

Honestly, if you told me during The Fame era she was a powerhouse vocal I'd be iffy to believe you. She should definitely deliver more songs like Perfect Illusion & Shallow. I absolutely love the rock pop vibe from her, and her going all out vocally is always gorgeous. There are so many moments on ASIB where she sounds like Barbra/Whitney and it gives me chills. Joanne feels like her most authentic project so it's my favorite album of hers, every song is magical.
[Image: tumblr_pn6z9hZvJ91r0jkkko2_r1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_pn6z9hZvJ91r0jkkko1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_pn6z9hZvJ91r0jkkko3_r1_400.gif]
[Image: tumblr_pn6z9hZvJ91r0jkkko5_r1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_pn6z9hZvJ91r0jkkko6_r1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_pn6z9hZvJ91r0jkkko8_r1_400.gif]

And I think its going to be a long, long time til touchdowns bring me round again to find...
True, it's always weird to think about her growth starting out there. But when you look at her performances PRE-the fame it feels like it was meant to be this way.

I really hope she does an album full of songs like this, maybe not the same but she can go ahead and fully ditch pure pop for a few albums now.

I feel like the one thing about Gaga is that she always reinvents herself, as much as I'd love more songs like this, I wouldn't be surprised if she delivers something completely left-sided. Just as long as she releases next year. Honestly they should give ASIB a couple singles cause they could become fall classics tbh. I'd love Shallow-Always Remember Us This Way-Heal Me/I'll Never Love Again

I'm in such a gaga phase lately I keep watching old performances and sobbing and I relistened to a lot of BTW and TFM and ARTPOP and it still holds up.

[Image: DwSUwQlW0AAGiMB.jpg]
Godga Won.