Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Purge (2018-)
....yeah I think it's safe to say Imma pass on this Big Grin
[Image: tumblr_pgqd1jQd4I1qiiay5o7_250.gifv][Image: tumblr_pgqd1jQd4I1qiiay5o3_250.gif][Image: tumblr_pgqd1jQd4I1qiiay5o2_250.gif]

Here`s to four straight years
of pre-gaming with the dead...

[Image: tumblr_pgqd1jQd4I1qiiay5o5_250.gif][Image: tumblr_pgqd1jQd4I1qiiay5o1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_pgqd1jQd4I1qiiay5o4_250.gif]
Well, I lied. I ended up watching S1 and, honestly, I enjoyed the hell out of it. It's not revaloutionary by any means, but it's definitely amazing by Purge standards. The characters are genuinely interesting, the acting solid/even good from a handful of people (stand outs being Fiona Douriff, Colin Woodell, Dominic Fumusa  and - eventually - Jessica Garza as Good Leader Tavis, Rick Betancourt, Pete the Cop, and Penelope Guerrero respectfully), and the overall story of the season is actually interesting enough to keep you intrigued till the end. 

The big bad of the season is admittedly campier than I was expecting, but I think that's what makes them fun to watch. 

My biggest complaint is Fiona Douriff wasn't used as much as she could've been. She's always a blast to watch (she's the best parts of the new Chucky movies) so for her to have SUCH a small role was incredibly disappointing. She's great in what she has, but what has isn't nearly enough to be satisfactory.  Sad
[Image: tumblr_pgqd1jQd4I1qiiay5o7_250.gifv][Image: tumblr_pgqd1jQd4I1qiiay5o3_250.gif][Image: tumblr_pgqd1jQd4I1qiiay5o2_250.gif]

Here`s to four straight years
of pre-gaming with the dead...

[Image: tumblr_pgqd1jQd4I1qiiay5o5_250.gif][Image: tumblr_pgqd1jQd4I1qiiay5o1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_pgqd1jQd4I1qiiay5o4_250.gif]
(11-05-2019, 03:34 PM)TyeSays Wrote: My biggest complaint is Fiona Douriff wasn't used as much as she could've been. She's always a blast to watch (she's the best parts of the new Chucky movies) so for her to have SUCH a small role was incredibly disappointing. She's great in what she has, but what has isn't nearly enough to be satisfactory.  Sad

That is so unfortunate. She is amazing, and her as a villainous Cult Leader could not have been better casting. Who was your #1 favorite?
[Image: w9H9Sbv.png?1]
[Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo3-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo4-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo1-250.gif]
[Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo5-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo8-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo6-250.gif]
We have a payload to deliver to the heart of our nearest star. We are delivering that payload cause that star is dying and, if it dies, we die, everything dies. So that is our mission, there is nothing, literally nothing, more important than completing our mission. End of story.