Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most Overrated + Underrated AHS Characters?
This should be even more interesting to see who is and is not mentioned.
[Image: 1l2xAbI.png?2]
You don`t trust me. You don`t think a man can change?
[Image: NOLFt6k.gif?1][Image: sjtAraL.gif?1][Image: LIfUrJ5.gif?1]
[Image: GVxVkcA.gif?1][Image: RIFvTv6.gif][Image: DcS6mJE.gif?1]
The world`s a cesspool, filled with selfish and greedy beasts. We live. We die.

Overrated: Lana
Underrated: John Lowe tbh
[Image: tumblr_p7lr48dd0q1s0y064o7_400.gif][Image: tumblr_p7lr48dd0q1s0y064o4_400.gif][Image: tumblr_p7lr48dd0q1s0y064o3_400.gif]
[Image: tumblr_p7lr48dd0q1s0y064o5_400.gif][Image: tumblr_p7lr48dd0q1s0y064o2_400.gif][Image: tumblr_p7lr48dd0q1s0y064o8_400.gif]

More of a... game really. Can you handle that... blondie?
Overrated:
  • Maggie Esmerelda (FS) - Wretched acting with a ridiculously overblown arc. She went from "Murdering people and selling their corpses is a good idea" to "Wait this feels wrong." She only even told the Freak Show because Ramona had to threaten her, and she waited till several people died. So yeah. Terrible character.
  • Dora (FS) - I just do not understand the adoration at all. Neither developed nor entertaining.
  • Lee Harris (Roanoke) - She might be more divisive, but I feel like she's well regarded. Her fans are certainly passionate. Simply put, she is a confusing, inconsistent character with vague, shifting motivations and overwhelmingly unlikeable.
  • Vivien Harmon (MH) - I get that Ben is a cheating douche, but, honestly, I think I'd kill myself before staying married to Vivien. She sucked. She is really extra. And she chooses to handle a bad, unfair situation in the single worst way that actually makes me have to partially side with the cheating husband (which should NOT be happening): either divorce him or actually try to talk the issues out. Both are justified and both are viable for wherever you're at. What you don't do is threaten to bash his face in with a shovel every time he suggests having a conversation about marital issues.
  • Sophie (Roanoke) - An annoying idiot who gets paraded around a Taissa's best character for being different than the other two.
  • Audrey Tinsdale (Roanoke) - I admit she has some funny lines. But, uh, that British accent was so fucking annoying and Roanoke was way over my quotient for tolerability with funny asshole characters.
  • Edward Mordrake (FS) - Meh. Like Dora, I never got the hype. The reason he's so much lower is he's vaguely more interesting and significantly less popular. 
  • Lana Winters (Asylum) - I REALLY like her, which is the main reason she's so low, because I have never seen her as the second coming of AHS.
Underrated:
  • John Lowe (Hotel) - I get the twist is overused (though I'm not even sure it's meant to be a twist, Kathy Bates pokes fun at how long it took John to realize this), but, at the very least, Bentley's acting ranges from good-to-great. The distant and flat complaints don't make sense to me, given John is an icy and detatched sociopath being portrayed as an icy detatched sociopath. The interesting dynamic with James Patrick March helps a lot too. Looove on a rewatch, actually.
  • Hayden McClaine (MH) - Almost gave her one, but at least she has some fans. Hilariously and awesomely evil. Gets called annoying a lot.
  • Donovan (Hotel) - Great actor, well developed with some nice complexity, good dynamics and interactions. Tends to be either fairly overlooked in or called annoying and unlikeable. I'd put him lower-upper tier/upper-mid tier.  
  • Ally Mayfair-Richards (Cult) - Not hated, but not really given the appreciation such a great, hilarious, well developed character is owed either.
  • Dr. Arthur Arden (Asylum) - Similar to Ally. He's amazing (both at being a complex but hateable villain and at being even a little sympathetic at points), but tends to get overshadowed. I get that he's in cast with the likes of Jude and Mary, but he's still arguably stronger than the very best characters in other seasons like Roanoke.

Overrated:
Fiona (i prefer Constance) (Coven)
Maggie (Freak Show)

Underrated:
Vivian (Murder House)
Violet (one of the few good roles Taissa's been in, very likeable imo much prefer her over Zoe whom I don't like at all)
LILAH MORGAN
[Image: VTU96yp.gif][Image: RBifvJa.gif][Image: M9EXx0k.gif]
[Image: M4iCszL.gif][Image: tOx8HD3.gif][Image: q2QwGnb.gif?dateline=1545710331]
It`s a survival thing. I made a lot of devil`s bargains and I stuck to them. As a result I live somewhat dangerously and quite comfortably. And my mother, who no longer recognizes me, has the best room in the clinic. I get up every morning, put on my game face and do what I have to.
(11-23-2018, 11:24 PM)Joshua Wrote: Overrated:
Fiona (i prefer Constance) (Coven)
Maggie (Freak Show)

Underrated:
Vivian (Murder House)
Violet (one of the few good roles Taissa's been in, very likeable imo much prefer her over Zoe whom I don't like at all)

I would nawt say Violet is underrated. She's one of the most popular characters in the series. rip

Zoe obviously sucks though. I think Fiona's actually kinda underrated. VIvian is fair enough though I was never a fan of her until Apocalypse's episode.
[Image: ijRL86a.png?1]
Is there anything better than a natural disaster? 
The panic, the people lost in the streets. It`s like picking fruit off the vine. 

[Image: tumblr_mxnb1sKy7V1qj13q4o1_250.gif][Image: omlbM48.gif][Image: tumblr_p5pdtueuiI1qjvx7uo7_250.gif]
[Image: tumblr_mv30eflOD41qj13q4o2_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_mv30eflOD41qj13q4o1_r2_250.gif][Image: tumblr_mv30eflOD41qj13q4o4_r1_250.gif]
Maggie is hated. Not overrated. Violet is overrated, and probably the only good Taissa character on the show lol. Hated Zoe
[Image: ZeahVex.png]
[Image: xSoDp4m.gif][Image: vgKJue2.gif][Image: 8fOtMmr.gif]
[Image: zf410hX.gif][Image: QHneyGV.gif][Image: v5DfEro.gif]

Yeah, I feel like the only ones who liked Maggie are OTT emma stans rip That role was not good for her and she was really bad in it.
[Image: ijRL86a.png?1]
Is there anything better than a natural disaster? 
The panic, the people lost in the streets. It`s like picking fruit off the vine. 

[Image: tumblr_mxnb1sKy7V1qj13q4o1_250.gif][Image: omlbM48.gif][Image: tumblr_p5pdtueuiI1qjvx7uo7_250.gif]
[Image: tumblr_mv30eflOD41qj13q4o2_r1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_mv30eflOD41qj13q4o1_r2_250.gif][Image: tumblr_mv30eflOD41qj13q4o4_r1_250.gif]
I consistently see Maggie and her arc put as one of the best parts in Freak Show, both on IMDB and reddit, with a lot of people saying her sendoff was unfair and disrespectful to the character (including from at least a few not Emma stans). At worst, I'd say she's divisive.

Violet was definitely somewhat overrated at one point, though I think she's decent. The hype for her has fizzled some though.