My Bloody Valentine (1981)
[Image: 57N2bBk.png]
It's Valentine's Day in the tiny mining town of Valentine's Bluff, Nova Scotia, and for the first time in two decades the residents are planning a holiday dance. The long hiatus is due to the tragic events of 20 years earlier, when a pair of mining supervisors were too busy enjoying themselves at the dance to prevent an accident from killing a large contingent of their workers. The lone survivor, Harry Warden, took his revenge the next year by removing the hearts of his bosses and promising similar carnage if ever another Valentine's dance were held. Unfortunately, the town's horny early-'80s youngsters aren't big on tradition, especially since Warden is locked up in an insane asylum.
[Image: w9H9Sbv.png?1]
[Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo3-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo4-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo1-250.gif]
[Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo5-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo8-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo6-250.gif]
We have a payload to deliver to the heart of our nearest star. We are delivering that payload cause that star is dying and, if it dies, we die, everything dies. So that is our mission, there is nothing, literally nothing, more important than completing our mission. End of story.

This was filmed like ten minutes away from me!
[Image: tumblr_n83m0sN3RQ1qeybv0o3_r1_250.gifv][Image: tumblr_n83m0sN3RQ1qeybv0o2_250.gifv][Image: tumblr_n83m0sN3RQ1qeybv0o4_r1_250.gifv]
[Image: tumblr_nf4nl9HPip1qenumho6_r1_250.gifv][Image: tumblr_o9hipl2OmL1ub5aypo7_250.gifv][Image: tumblr_o9hipl2OmL1ub5aypo8_250.gifv]

Ser Jaime Lannister. On the breast of his tunic, the lion of his House was embroidered in gold thread, roaring its defiance. they called him the Lion of Lannister to his face and whispered “Kingslayer” behind his back. Jon found it hard to look away from him. “This is what a king should look like”, he thought to himself as he passed
This is a stellar film. Very underrated honestly.
[Image: tumblr_naxpujU6YA1qm11ozo4_250.gif][Image: tumblr_naxpujU6YA1qm11ozo9_250.gif][Image: tumblr_naxpujU6YA1qm11ozo8_250.gif]
[Image: tumblr_naxpujU6YA1qm11ozo1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_naxpujU6YA1qm11ozo6_250.gif][Image: tumblr_naxpujU6YA1qm11ozo3_250.gif]
(07-11-2018, 12:42 AM)DianeSelwyn Wrote: This was filmed like ten minutes away from me!
You live in Nova Scotia, then? Cool!

Overall, even though I was able to figure out who the killer was after a certain point, this was still a very good whodunit slasher, especially in the unrated version.
[Image: tumblr_lk94ugdWBf1qe6mn3o1_500.gif] [Image: tumblr_lfn89rxh3M1qbxq6qo1_500.gif]
[Image: tumblr_mqevaqodRr1qke7z9o3_500.gif]

----------

Latest review: The Hunt (2020)
Damn, Repo. Save some topics for me to start! Haha. This is one of my all time favourite Slashers, one of the first ones I watched as a kid or that I remember. I don't see a Black Christmas '74 yet so unless I have missed it - save that one for me!

I will watch it like once or twice a year, great setting, nice pacing, all very well done - much better than the remake/re-boot.
[Image: iPe2C9a.png]
(07-17-2018, 05:32 PM)Dubsy Wrote: Damn, Repo. Save some topics for me to start! Haha. This is one of my all time favourite Slashers, one of the first ones I watched as a kid or that I remember. I don't see a Black Christmas '74 yet so unless I have missed it - save that one for me!

I will watch it like once or twice a year, great setting, nice pacing, all very well done - much better than the remake/re-boot.

I already took that thread  Angel
[Image: tumblr_naxpujU6YA1qm11ozo4_250.gif][Image: tumblr_naxpujU6YA1qm11ozo9_250.gif][Image: tumblr_naxpujU6YA1qm11ozo8_250.gif]
[Image: tumblr_naxpujU6YA1qm11ozo1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_naxpujU6YA1qm11ozo6_250.gif][Image: tumblr_naxpujU6YA1qm11ozo3_250.gif]
(07-17-2018, 06:51 PM)Eggsy Wrote:
(07-17-2018, 05:32 PM)Dubsy Wrote: Damn, Repo. Save some topics for me to start! Haha. This is one of my all time favourite Slashers, one of the first ones I watched as a kid or that I remember. I don't see a Black Christmas '74 yet so unless I have missed it - save that one for me!

I already took that thread  Angel

giveup
[Image: iPe2C9a.png]
Poor, poor Dubsy.

I didn't think I'd like this after seeing the remake, but I actually really do. Some of the deaths were great, and I absolutely loved the final girl. That said, I haated TJ. Asshole didn't deserve Sarah, honestly.
[Image: tumblr_pgqd1jQd4I1qiiay5o7_250.gifv][Image: tumblr_pgqd1jQd4I1qiiay5o3_250.gif][Image: tumblr_pgqd1jQd4I1qiiay5o2_250.gif]

Here`s to four straight years
of pre-gaming with the dead...

[Image: tumblr_pgqd1jQd4I1qiiay5o5_250.gif][Image: tumblr_pgqd1jQd4I1qiiay5o1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_pgqd1jQd4I1qiiay5o4_250.gif]
Loved this movie <3 The atmosphere was amazing and the killers were stellar. Loved Sarah and Axel and TJ was there. The movie was really well made and Im sad there were never any sequels tbh.
[Image: fglyMzL.png]

[Image: e7dSZDW.gif][Image: mm7GUzP.gif][Image: UBbhEYQ.gif]
[Image: gZUnDWY.gif][Image: WBJnK8i.gif][Image: UQZ61MD.gif]
This is beyond awesome. Love. At least the uncut version. Some genuinely great gore and like, and the suspense/atmosphere are on point too (especially in the mines for the grand finale). Killer has some good presence and the costume is intimidating.

Characterwise, Sarah is killer and by far the MVP. Very strong final girl. And I love the bit where she shuts down the love triangle and the two guys competing for her. Axel is also pretty likeable. T.J. is definitely a douche, which does make for something of an interesting take for the hero (and he does redeem himself to some extent at least), but definitely a hard one to like till the ending.
[Image: w9H9Sbv.png?1]
[Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo3-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo4-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo1-250.gif]
[Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo5-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo8-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo6-250.gif]
We have a payload to deliver to the heart of our nearest star. We are delivering that payload cause that star is dying and, if it dies, we die, everything dies. So that is our mission, there is nothing, literally nothing, more important than completing our mission. End of story.