Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Blob (1988)
[Image: J55aJhI.jpg]
Meg Penny is a cheerleader out on her first date with one of the football players, Paul Taylor. It doesn't go very well. Before they get where they're going, an old vagrant runs out in front of Paul's car, screaming in terror. The old man is closely followed by Brian Flagg, the local teen rebel, complete with long hair, black leather jacket, motorcycle and tough-guy attitude. Paul blames Brian for chasing the old man, but after the threesome takes him to the doctor's office it becomes clear the vagrant had more to worry about than some young tough. He was screaming because of the acid-like substance on his hand - a substance that spreads over his body and eventually consumes him. Soon, the growing red blob, which sprouts tentacles to attack its victims, becomes a menace to the small town of Arbeville, Colorado. The military soon arrives in Hazmat suits, led by the wide-eyed Dr. Meddows. They're from the government, they say, and they want to help; but Brian's distrust for authority figures proves justified when he learns of their true motives.
[Image: w9H9Sbv.png?1]
[Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo3-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo4-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo1-250.gif]
[Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo5-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo8-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo6-250.gif]
We have a payload to deliver to the heart of our nearest star. We are delivering that payload cause that star is dying and, if it dies, we die, everything dies. So that is our mission, there is nothing, literally nothing, more important than completing our mission. End of story.

I remember the gore effects in this freaked me out.
[Image: tumblr_n83m0sN3RQ1qeybv0o3_r1_250.gifv][Image: tumblr_n83m0sN3RQ1qeybv0o2_250.gifv][Image: tumblr_n83m0sN3RQ1qeybv0o4_r1_250.gifv]
[Image: tumblr_nf4nl9HPip1qenumho6_r1_250.gifv][Image: tumblr_o9hipl2OmL1ub5aypo7_250.gifv][Image: tumblr_o9hipl2OmL1ub5aypo8_250.gifv]

Ser Jaime Lannister. On the breast of his tunic, the lion of his House was embroidered in gold thread, roaring its defiance. they called him the Lion of Lannister to his face and whispered “Kingslayer” behind his back. Jon found it hard to look away from him. “This is what a king should look like”, he thought to himself as he passed
The gore effects are great, and the rest holds up well too. Shawnee Smith is obviously a good final girl, and I really liked the douchey badboy motorcyclist guy as well (and actually I enjoyed the rest of the cast too). Suspense and tone are on-point. And there's some pretty big surprises with who lives and dies, so points there as well.
[Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo3-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo4-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo1-250.gif]
[Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo5-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo8-250.gif][Image: tumblr-mtyxnqci-MP1sn3euyo6-250.gif]
We have a payload to deliver to the heart of our nearest star. We are delivering that payload cause that star is dying and, if it dies, we die, everything dies. So that is our mission, there is nothing, literally nothing, more important than completing our mission. End of story.

This movie, won't lie, traumatized me as a kid. With Pennwise climbing out of a shower drain and the blob making a temporary home in the sewers, I'm lucky young me didn't develop an intense fear of the plumbing system.
[Image: tumblr_pgqd1jQd4I1qiiay5o7_250.gifv][Image: tumblr_pgqd1jQd4I1qiiay5o3_250.gif][Image: tumblr_pgqd1jQd4I1qiiay5o2_250.gif]

Here`s to four straight years
of pre-gaming with the dead...

[Image: tumblr_pgqd1jQd4I1qiiay5o5_250.gif][Image: tumblr_pgqd1jQd4I1qiiay5o1_250.gif][Image: tumblr_pgqd1jQd4I1qiiay5o4_250.gif]
(11-05-2019, 03:46 PM)TyeSays Wrote: This movie, won't lie, traumatized me as a kid. With Pennwise climbing out of a shower drain and the blob making a temporary home in the sewers, I'm lucky young me didn't develop an intense fear of the plumbing system.

LMAO. Only thing you were missing was a Psycho viewing